  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 5:51:38 AM

I know this is an ICM issue, but I don't have the money for colour
calibration software and/or hardware. If it's a photo (purple flowers, for
example) then the colour is spot on, but if I was to draw a rectangle in a
graphics app - or MS Publisher - and colour it the same (or a similar)
shade, then the resulting output is far too magenta/red. I have calibrated
my monitor with Adobe Gamma (that's all I have) but no difference. I've
fiddled around with the four supplied profiles (yes I know they only pertain
to various Canon own-brand papers), but none showed any appreciable change.
I am printing on high quality inkjet rated 90g/m² stock. I know I could
simply raise the cyan or lower the magenta, but then that would alter the
other colours in the document, and they're fine. The only colour I have
problems with is purple (and shades/tints/variations thereof).

Has anyone else had an issue and, if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks

More about : problems printing purple i9950

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 9:07:53 PM

> If it's a photo (purple flowers, for
> example) then the colour is spot on, but if I was to draw a rectangle in a
> graphics app - or MS Publisher - and colour it the same (or a similar)
> shade, then the resulting output is far too magenta/red.

It could be that the software you're using to print the photo with has
better printer calibration logic then your graphics app. I've always
found Microsoft's software to be of mediocre quality. I'm willing to
bet if you make that same purple rectangle with a program like Adobe
Photoshop, the colour be 'spot on' like the photo was.