3Com OfficeConnect ADSL modem wireless router

I have just updated the firmware for this equipment to the latest version,
1.29. Previously when using 1.21 my wireless laptop connected first time to
the network and held a solid connection Since upgrading I occasionally, (not
all the time) have the message 'acquiring network address', and nothing
happens. If I restart the router though it connects correctly.
Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it possible to install an older
version of the firmware or isn't that possible?
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about 3com officeconnect adsl modem wireless router

    From what you have mentioned below, it appears to be some problem with the
    upgrade in the firmware. Normally, you can download the older firmware to
    your router without running into any issues. For solution to your problem
    with the latest firmware you should contact your router manufacturer with
    details.

    Anusha

    "Pipex" <access1971@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I have just updated the firmware for this equipment to the latest version,
    >1.29. Previously when using 1.21 my wireless laptop connected first time to
    >the network and held a solid connection Since upgrading I occasionally,
    >(not all the time) have the message 'acquiring network address', and
    >nothing happens. If I restart the router though it connects correctly.
    > Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it possible to install an older
    > version of the firmware or isn't that possible?
    > Thanks

    Anusha,
    I've contacted 3Com and they tell me that they don't have any known problems
    with the latest firmware. I've updated the latest version of Intelpro
    wireless on my laptop and they seems to have improved the situation.
    Thanks for your help
    "Anusha Dandapani[MSFT]" <anushad@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > From what you have mentioned below, it appears to be some problem with the
    > upgrade in the firmware. Normally, you can download the older firmware to
    > your router without running into any issues. For solution to your problem
    > with the latest firmware you should contact your router manufacturer with
    > details.
    >
    > Anusha
    >
    > "Pipex" <access1971@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>I have just updated the firmware for this equipment to the latest version,
    >>1.29. Previously when using 1.21 my wireless laptop connected first time
    >>to the network and held a solid connection Since upgrading I occasionally,
    >>(not all the time) have the message 'acquiring network address', and
    >>nothing happens. If I restart the router though it connects correctly.
    >> Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it possible to install an older
    >> version of the firmware or isn't that possible?
    >> Thanks

Wireless Router Wireless Wireless Networking