3Com OfficeConnect ADSL modem wireless router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 27, 2005 12:07:34 AM

I have just updated the firmware for this equipment to the latest version,
1.29. Previously when using 1.21 my wireless laptop connected first time to
the network and held a solid connection Since upgrading I occasionally, (not
all the time) have the message 'acquiring network address', and nothing
happens. If I restart the router though it connects correctly.
Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it possible to install an older
version of the firmware or isn't that possible?
Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 31, 2005 6:39:57 PM

From what you have mentioned below, it appears to be some problem with the
upgrade in the firmware. Normally, you can download the older firmware to
your router without running into any issues. For solution to your problem
with the latest firmware you should contact your router manufacturer with
details.

Anusha

"Pipex" <access1971@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have just updated the firmware for this equipment to the latest version,
>1.29. Previously when using 1.21 my wireless laptop connected first time to
>the network and held a solid connection Since upgrading I occasionally,
>(not all the time) have the message 'acquiring network address', and
>nothing happens. If I restart the router though it connects correctly.
> Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it possible to install an older
> version of the firmware or isn't that possible?
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 1, 2005 11:57:54 PM

Anusha,
I've contacted 3Com and they tell me that they don't have any known problems
with the latest firmware. I've updated the latest version of Intelpro
wireless on my laptop and they seems to have improved the situation.
Thanks for your help

!