Problem with my CDR drives

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Hi all, I have a problem with my CD and CDRW drives. My computer detects
them but they do not show up on My Computer. I have power to them and they
seem to boot up when I turn the computer on. When I go into the device
manager there's a yellow exclamation mark against tem-

In Divice manager I get the following message:-
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

I have run troubleshooter but the problem can not be fixed. I have
uninstalled them and reinstalled but still no luck.

Can anyone help- Thanks
Rick

Have you checked which drive should be the Master and which the Slave?

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I have a problem with my CD and CDRW drives. My computer detects
> them but they do not show up on My Computer. I have power to them and
they
> seem to boot up when I turn the computer on. When I go into the device
> manager there's a yellow exclamation mark against tem-
>
> In Divice manager I get the following message:-
> "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
> information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
>
> I have run troubleshooter but the problem can not be fixed. I have
> uninstalled them and reinstalled but still no luck.
>
> Can anyone help- Thanks
> Rick

br549

This might be your problem:

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all, I have a problem with my CD and CDRW drives. My computer detects
them but they do not show up on My Computer. I have power to them and they
seem to boot up when I turn the computer on. When I go into the device
manager there's a yellow exclamation mark against tem-

In Divice manager I get the following message:-
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

I have run troubleshooter but the problem can not be fixed. I have
uninstalled them and reinstalled but still no luck.

Can anyone help- Thanks
Rick

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Thanks Kevin, all fixed now it was a damaged registry