hide the connections tab of IE

hi

is there a way by which i can hide the connections tab
of IE(Tools->internet options) or if not hide the internet options menu
under Tools of IE as i want to put proxy
address and prevent intenet access for some users.
we dont have any third party tools etc for this.

regards
3 answers Last reply
More about hide connections

    In news:216EACB1-2BA1-4CC4-AAD7-6F5CE954F289@microsoft.com,
    sridhar <sridhar@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > hi
    >
    > is there a way by which i can hide the connections tab
    > of IE(Tools->internet options) or if not hide the internet options
    > menu under Tools of IE as i want to put proxy
    > address and prevent intenet access for some users.
    > we dont have any third party tools etc for this.
    >

    > regards

    Start here:

    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=745

    Also see the root:

    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gplistall.asp

    Start > Run > GPEDIT.MSC to access those.

    Galen

    thanks

    but i dont find any internet explorer key itself under this key
    hkey_lcoal_machine\software\policies\microsoft

    what shall i do?

    In news:3E7041B0-2A51-413D-A1B7-6A1FAE1B2668@microsoft.com,
    sridhar <sridhar@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > thanks
    >
    > but i dont find any internet explorer key itself under this key
    > hkey_lcoal_machine\software\policies\microsoft
    >
    > what shall i do?

    Start > Run > Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes > Hit enter > Click on
    User > Click on Administrative Templates > Click on Windows Componenents >
    Click on Internet Explorer > Click on Browser Menues > Disable Menu Options.
    This is what it does:

    Prevents users from opening the Internet Options dialog box from the Tools
    menu in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

    If you enable this policy, users cannot change their Internet options, such
    as default home page, cache size, and connection and proxy settings, from
    the browser Tools menu. When users click the Internet Options command on the
    Tools menu, they are informed that the command is unavailable.

    If you disable this policy or do not configure it, users can change their
    Internet settings from the browser Tools menu.

    Caution: This policy does not prevent users from viewing and changing
    Internet settings by clicking the Internet Options icon in Windows Control
    Panel.

    Also, see policies for Internet options in the \Administrative
    Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer and in \Administrative
    Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel
    folders.

    Galen

Internet Explorer Microsoft Internet Windows XP