KT3 Ultra hard drive limit?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Greetings,
I have a KT3 Ultra running WinXP Home SP2 and it would be great if someone
could point me towards info on the maximum hard drive size this board will
take.

Thanks, Eric

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Eric wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have a KT3 Ultra running WinXP Home SP2 and it would be great if someone
> could point me towards info on the maximum hard drive size this board will
> take.

More specifically, will this motherboard natively support a hard drive
greater than 128 GB? If not, then is a bios update available? Or perhaps a
new bios chip? The motherboard is currently using bios v5.3 dated
04-10-2002.

Thanks, Eric

Gollum

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

On Sat, 21 May 2005 14:01:42 -0700, Eric <say.no@spam.now> wrote:

>Eric wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>> I have a KT3 Ultra running WinXP Home SP2 and it would be great if someone
>> could point me towards info on the maximum hard drive size this board will
>> take.
>>

>More specifically, will this motherboard natively support a hard drive
>greater than 128 GB? If not, then is a bios update available? Or perhaps a
>new bios chip? The motherboard is currently using bios v5.3 dated
>04-10-2002.
>
>Thanks, Eric

Even if it doesn't support HD over 137GB you could always use multiple
partitions.

HTH
Gollum

Eric wrote:
> Eric wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>I have a KT3 Ultra running WinXP Home SP2 and it would be great if someone
>>could point me towards info on the maximum hard drive size this board will
>>take.
>>

> More specifically, will this motherboard natively support a hard drive
> greater than 128 GB? If not, then is a bios update available? Or perhaps a
> new bios chip? The motherboard is currently using bios v5.3 dated
> 04-10-2002.
>
> Thanks, Eric
Well I have a 250 GB drive in my system, but my BIOS is 5.70. I hope
this helps some.

Mike Skuczas

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mike Skuczas wrote:

> > More specifically, will this motherboard natively support a hard drive
> > greater than 128 GB? If not, then is a bios update available? Or
> > perhaps a
> > new bios chip? The motherboard is currently using bios v5.3 dated
> > 04-10-2002.
> >
> Well I have a 250 GB drive in my system, but my BIOS is 5.70. I hope
> this helps some.
>
> Mike Skuczas

Thanks for the reply. This is encouraging news. Do you happen to know the
PCB revision of your KT3 Ultra?

Thanks again, Eric

I wasn't sure until I went to MSI's website and looked it up, but the KT3
Ultra uses the same BIOS version as the Ultra2. Version 5.7 (2/24/03) was
the last revision. 250GB is probably getting close to the max.
Robert