MSI K8N Neo4 platinum/SLI and atholon 64 (venice) core

Will the MSI K8N Neo4 platinum/SLI motherboard take a athlon 64 3200+ or
3500+ (Venice) core CPU.?
2 answers Last reply
More about neo4 platinum atholon venice core

    "Nospam" <Nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Will the MSI K8N Neo4 platinum/SLI motherboard take a athlon 64 3200+ or
    > 3500+ (Venice) core CPU.?

    I hope so. I have the board and the CPU is on the way! (3200)

    I've read though that it may not w/out a BIOS upgrade.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Nospam" <Nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Will the MSI K8N Neo4 platinum/SLI motherboard take a athlon 64 3200+ or
    > 3500+ (Venice) core CPU.?

    Not if you want to overclock!

MSI-Microstar Platinum Core SLI Motherboards