Avance AC97 onboard sound VERSUS ps/2 mouse

March 13, 2005 8:29:05 PM

Help! I haven't been able to play sound files off my hard drive since I
performed a clean install of WinXP. The sound is extremely broken and
choppy.

The device is listed as supported, and no conflicts are reported and the
device manager says all devices are working properly. No more recent
drivers are available.

The TRULY ODD part is if I move my mouse pointer the sound clears up. If I
keep the mouse moving the sound plays nearly (but not quite) perfectly.

I have already removed and restored both devices in different orders, just
in case. Anybody have any ideas?
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:47:05 AM

Hey!, Feanor.......can u hear me?.........

Sounds like some kinda conflict between the two items, mousie is
interrupting AC's party in the IRQ area maybe?.....Go to Start/COntrol
panel/System, and click on Hardware tab. Click on Device manager. It'll take
a sec. to refresh info when it opens up. See any Yellow "warning" messages
under listings of specific devices? Somehow it seems that XP or BIOS isn't
set for automatic IRQ assignments, since neither are installed in a PCI slot,
as some boards share on one certain slot with only certain items, the term
"Doe's not play well with others" comes to mind. ARe you familiar with
accessing/managing your BIOS settings? And of course, BIOS and drivers all
up-to-date today? I'd also try a quickie uninstall
driver/reboot/re-detect/re-install driver drill too. If you need more help,
please post your OS/hardware info here, and we can possibly get this done in
time for you to give the neighbor's a nice Sunday morning "awakening".......a
la gr8stm8r style....cyal8r!

!