HP 710 DeskJet

Hi all!
I got the ol' good HP 710 DeskJet. If there is anyone else who's into
ancient history:) here's my question. What does the orange flashing led
below the two buttons on the right mean exactly? I got no ink, damaged head
or what? I know the color container is fine, the black is kindda old and has
been refilled couple of times but it definetely gots ink and worked fine
just yesterday. So what is the problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about deskjet

    > Hi all!
    > I got the ol' good HP 710 DeskJet. If there is anyone else who's into
    > ancient history:) here's my question. What does the orange flashing led
    > below the two buttons on the right mean exactly?

    It's called the print cartridge light. I assume if it blinks that
    means you're low on ink, or your cartridges are not working properly. Or
    perhaps your printer doesn't recognize the cartridges.

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:01:56 +0200, "mahe" <tara222@wp.pl> wrote as
    underneath my scribble :

    Run the self test for the ink jets - 4 presses of the paper feed
    button with the on button pressed all the time - that will tell you if
    there are jets missing from the pattern, might be your problem.
    Charlie+

    >Hi all!
    >I got the ol' good HP 710 DeskJet. If there is anyone else who's into
    >ancient history:) here's my question. What does the orange flashing led
    >below the two buttons on the right mean exactly? I got no ink, damaged head
    >or what? I know the color container is fine, the black is kindda old and has
    >been refilled couple of times but it definetely gots ink and worked fine
    >just yesterday. So what is the problem?

    > Run the self test for the ink jets - 4 presses of the paper feed
    > button with the on button pressed all the time - that will tell you if
    > there are jets missing from the pattern, might be your problem.
    > Charlie+

    Doesn't seem to be working but..... nevermind. Arready ordered a black
    cartridge. We'll see.

    Thanks for taking interest.
    Greets.

    > >Hi all!
    > >I got the ol' good HP 710 DeskJet. If there is anyone else who's into
    > >ancient history:) here's my question. What does the orange flashing led
    > >below the two buttons on the right mean exactly? I got no ink, damaged
    head
    > >or what? I know the color container is fine, the black is kindda old and
    has
    > >been refilled couple of times but it definetely gots ink and worked fine
    > >just yesterday. So what is the problem?

Printers Hewlett Packard Deskjet Peripherals