K8N Neo4/SLI Or K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI.

So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit adaptor
and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia RAID controller
that comes with both boards. Why would I need a second Gigabit adaptor and a
second RAID controller anyway?. Please give me your opinions on this matter.
Your prompt replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

You should buy what you need. I myself have a home network with several
machines but I have no use for a second network adapter. Same for the raid
controller. But you might want to check if the non-platinum edition has
firewire, aka 1394. This can be quite useful for connecting a camcorder, as
USB performs poorly in that respect.

"Nospam" <Nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
> platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit
> adaptor and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia RAID
> controller that comes with both boards. Why would I need a second Gigabit
> adaptor and a second RAID controller anyway?. Please give me your opinions
> on this matter. Your prompt replies will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

Nospam wrote:
> So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
> platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit
> adaptor and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia
> RAID controller that comes with both boards. Why would I need a
> second Gigabit adaptor and a second RAID controller anyway?.

If you don't need them, then you don't need to buy it !

HOWEVER, it always pays to buy the Motherboard with the most features. If
you don't buy them now, you can guarantee you'll need them in the future !

TRENDING THREADS