K8N Neo4/SLI Or K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI.

So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit adaptor
and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia RAID controller
that comes with both boards. Why would I need a second Gigabit adaptor and a
second RAID controller anyway?. Please give me your opinions on this matter.
Your prompt replies will be appreciated.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about neo4 neo4 platinum

    You should buy what you need. I myself have a home network with several
    machines but I have no use for a second network adapter. Same for the raid
    controller. But you might want to check if the non-platinum edition has
    firewire, aka 1394. This can be quite useful for connecting a camcorder, as
    USB performs poorly in that respect.

    "Nospam" <Nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
    > platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit
    > adaptor and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia RAID
    > controller that comes with both boards. Why would I need a second Gigabit
    > adaptor and a second RAID controller anyway?. Please give me your opinions
    > on this matter. Your prompt replies will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Nospam wrote:
    > So Which motherboard should I buy.? The K8N Neo4/SLI or the K8N Neo4
    > platinum/SLI. The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI has the second gigibit
    > adaptor and the Silicon Image RAID controller apart from the Nvidia
    > RAID controller that comes with both boards. Why would I need a
    > second Gigabit adaptor and a second RAID controller anyway?.

    If you don't need them, then you don't need to buy it !

    HOWEVER, it always pays to buy the Motherboard with the most features. If
    you don't buy them now, you can guarantee you'll need them in the future !

MSI-Microstar Platinum NAS / RAID Controller SLI Motherboards