no audio device

March 14, 2005 8:37:36 AM

I did a clean and fresh install of windows xp pro but the problem
remains. In the sounds and audio devices "No Audio Device" is displayed
and nothing seems to rectify it. I tried many things but couldn't make
sound come out of my speakers.

How do make sound come out of the speakers?
Anything will be appreciated.

More about : audio device

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:21:31 PM

First, is the sound device based on the motherboard or an add-in sound card?

For on-board motherboard sound drive, the sound device needs to be turned on
an the motherboard chipset drivers need to be install. Then, you may need
to install the sound card drivers that are found on the motherboard CD.

As for the add-in sound card, locate and install the drivers from the CD.

<vedant.lath@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I did a clean and fresh install of windows xp pro but the problem
> remains. In the sounds and audio devices "No Audio Device" is displayed
> and nothing seems to rectify it. I tried many things but couldn't make
> sound come out of my speakers.
>
> How do make sound come out of the speakers?
> Anything will be appreciated.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:42:37 AM

The sound device is based on the motherboard. I have already done and
redone the things you told many times. But it still says 'No Audio
Device'
March 19, 2005 10:12:16 PM

Because you have not installed the drivers correctly or tried to install the
wrong drivers. Ask your mother to solve the problem.

--
Jonah
> The sound device is based on the motherboard. I have already done and
> redone the things you told many times. But it still says 'No Audio
> Device'

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 3:17:45 AM

I have tried almost all drivers for the sound but it still doesn't work.
!