Amd athlon 64 driver for 32 bit windows xp - see link in m..

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 6, 2005 9:30:44 PM

Amd athlon driver for 32 bit windows xp.
Use your 64 bit system power with windows xp 32 bit
Worked fine with my k8t neo fsr.

Link :
http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/download/download_detai...

Georg
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2005 9:30:45 PM

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:30:44 +0200, None <None@nobody.com> wrote:

>Amd athlon driver for 32 bit windows xp.
>Use your 64 bit system power with windows xp 32 bit
>Worked fine with my k8t neo fsr.
>
>Link :
>http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/download/download_detai...
>
>Georg

Methinks you're confused.

AMD recently announced a processor driver for the 64 bit version of
Windows, but it won't help your 32 bit version.

And I'm pretty sure that all the processor driver does is allow you to
enable the Cool N' Quiet feature of your system. It's not necessary
for day-to-day operations.
June 9, 2005 3:36:03 PM

Hi folk.

This is not the driver from amd for windows 64 wich actually do not need a
driver.
And no i do not think it is just to enable the Cool N`Quiet function as you
don not 4MB driver to enable that.
This is what i saw after installing the driver - The system went faster wich
together with the fact that abit intruduces it as a processor driver and
not cool n`quiet.

<My system also gained increased stability wich also indicates that it is
also a better processor driver than the one that comes with windows xp 32
bit.

I recommend that you actually try the driver Folk and don`t throw it away
one your guess that because i was suprised what it actually delivered on my
system.

Georg
Related resources
June 9, 2005 4:02:44 PM

Hi again Folk

Unrar the selfexstracting archeive - you will see to folders where unpacked
- 754 - 930 for the respective processor socket.
Install for the right one for your motherboard.

Try it. !

Anyway , if you build a processor driver for a system you will have to know
wich socket and pin configuration used on the cpu as you will have to build
the driver to use the pins correctely to enable all instructions.

To enable cool n`n quit you shold not need to know the socket information
754 or 939.

NOP folk - i do not agree.

Georg
June 10, 2005 1:24:29 PM

None wrote:
> Amd athlon driver for 32 bit windows xp.
> Use your 64 bit system power with windows xp 32 bit
> Worked fine with my k8t neo fsr.
>
> Link :
> http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/download/download_detai...

AMD's homepage for said driver, is at

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/...

There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions on there, and a couple of other
bits and bobs too.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2005 5:30:51 PM

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 12:02:44 +0200, None <None@nobody.com> wrote:

>Hi again Folk
>
>Unrar the selfexstracting archeive - you will see to folders where unpacked
>- 754 - 930 for the respective processor socket.
>Install for the right one for your motherboard.
>
>Try it. !
>
>Anyway , if you build a processor driver for a system you will have to know
>wich socket and pin configuration used on the cpu as you will have to build
>the driver to use the pins correctely to enable all instructions.
>
>To enable cool n`n quit you shold not need to know the socket information
>754 or 939.
>
>NOP folk - i do not agree.
>
>Georg

As others have pointed out, there is a newer version of that driver on
AMD's site, but neither your older version or any of the newer
versions are going to provide any performance improvement.

From AMD's site:

"Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and
power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need."

In other words, it enables Cool 'n' Quiet. That's all it does.

My 3500+ runs cool anyway, and my mobo has a fan speed control option
that's based on temperature levels that keeps my CPU fan at a
reasonable and quiet speed. Because of that, I don't need AMD's
utility. I actually tried it once just for giggles but wasn't really
all that impressed since it didn't run my system much cooler than it
already was.
!