MSI 6163 and Coppermine CPU questions...

Ryan

Hello all, I recently received a used MSI6163 Slot 1 board from a
friend. It currently has a PII at 400Mhz on it, but after poking
around on the web and in this group, it seems the board supports most
of the coppermine chips.

The board does have the blue 'c' sticker, and the label about support
for future 1.3v cpus.

The website indicates that the 750 and 850Mhz coppermines with 100Mhz
FSB are not compatible, although the 1Ghz/100 is.

My question is, has anybody had any sucess running a PIII 750 or 850
on this board? I would think that if the board's fsb and cpu voltage
are compatible, that it would work, but I would like to know for sure
before ordering a CPU.

Thanks

For what it's worth, I put a PIII 600/133 Coppermine in a non-blue
sticker board. It "shouldn't" support that core/FSB, but it's been
plugging away for 5 years or so.

Kevin

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:27:51 -0400, Ryan <User@domain.tld> wrote:

>Hello all, I recently received a used MSI6163 Slot 1 board from a
>friend. It currently has a PII at 400Mhz on it, but after poking
>around on the web and in this group, it seems the board supports most
>of the coppermine chips.
>
>The board does have the blue 'c' sticker, and the label about support
>for future 1.3v cpus.
>
>The website indicates that the 750 and 850Mhz coppermines with 100Mhz
>FSB are not compatible, although the 1Ghz/100 is.
>
>My question is, has anybody had any sucess running a PIII 750 or 850
>on this board? I would think that if the board's fsb and cpu voltage
>are compatible, that it would work, but I would like to know for sure
>before ordering a CPU.
>

>Thanks

Spajky

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:27:51 -0400, Ryan <User@domain.tld> wrote:

>>Hello all, I recently received a used MSI6163 Slot 1 board
>>The board does have the blue 'c' sticker, and the label about support
>>for future 1.3v cpus.

>>My question is, has anybody had any sucess running a PIII 750 or 850
>>on this board?

look the signature .. :)
--
Regards , SPAJKY ®