Remove all 3rd party/drivers not included on the windows cd

I'm occassionally asked to fix my friends and family's computers and one of
the things I have a hard time dealing with is hardware conflicts. I try for
hours to remove non-critical devices and reinstall drivers for the corrupt
device hoping to find the one that is causing the problem. Most of the time I
get frustrated and end up reinstalling the system which fixes the corrupted
device. Does any one have any good tips for resolving hardware conflicts? Are
there any programs that can remove all 3rd party drivers? Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks

Most enhanced working drivers are 3rd party. The enhanced 3D video card
drivers (Ati and nVidia) included drivers are limited. As for Modems,
Network adapters and Printers, they are all coming from a third party, even
if included on the XP.

Most of the time, you can resolve most conflicts with Chipset drivers.

"polarz" <polarz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm occassionally asked to fix my friends and family's computers and one
> of
> the things I have a hard time dealing with is hardware conflicts. I try
> for
> hours to remove non-critical devices and reinstall drivers for the corrupt
> device hoping to find the one that is causing the problem. Most of the
> time I
> get frustrated and end up reinstalling the system which fixes the
> corrupted
> device. Does any one have any good tips for resolving hardware conflicts?
> Are
> there any programs that can remove all 3rd party drivers? Any help is much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Do you have any tips on resolving Chipset drivers? Basicly what I'd like to
know is, is there a way to revert back to the original drivers that were
installed with the xp cd? Where are windows driver's information stored? If I
knew where they are stored and knew the install date of windows I could
possibly delete all drivers installed after a certain date? I'm still unclear
on how to go about resolving hardware issues.

Thanks,

polarz