Sony T637 - Great Voice Dialing features, getting poor bat..

smasher

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004

Anyone having problems with the battery only lasting 24 hours?

I've only been talking on it for about 30 minutes each day.

The following voice controls are enabled:

Voice dialing
Voice redial
Caller name
Voice profiles

The magic word command and voice answer are disabled.

Jabra 250 bluetooth headset is connected all day.

Thanks.

In article <7f7a45ca.0407132331.16d157f9@posting.google.com>,
smasher@popupstop.com wrote:

> Anyone having problems with the battery only lasting 24 hours?
>
> I've only been talking on it for about 30 minutes each day.
>
> The following voice controls are enabled:
>
> Voice dialing
> Voice redial
> Caller name
> Voice profiles
>
> The magic word command and voice answer are disabled.
>
> Jabra 250 bluetooth headset is connected all day.
>
> Thanks.

Either your Bluetooth or signal searching could be causing a problem.
The Sony is rated as having a 300 hour standby time. Could it be in your
pocket such that buttons get pushed and the screen is always illuminated?

Try turning off Bluetooth for a day.

smasher

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-A5013F.05072914072004@news04.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <7f7a45ca.0407132331.16d157f9@posting.google.com>,
> smasher@popupstop.com wrote:
>
> > Anyone having problems with the battery only lasting 24 hours?
> >
> > I've only been talking on it for about 30 minutes each day.
> >
> > The following voice controls are enabled:
> >
> > Voice dialing
> > Voice redial
> > Caller name
> > Voice profiles
> >
> > The magic word command and voice answer are disabled.
> >
> > Jabra 250 bluetooth headset is connected all day.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Either your Bluetooth or signal searching could be causing a problem.
> The Sony is rated as having a 300 hour standby time. Could it be in your
> pocket such that buttons get pushed and the screen is always illuminated?
>
> Try turning off Bluetooth for a day.

Yes. I believe the bluetooth headset connection is draining the
battery. I disconnected it during the day and was able to get longer
battery life.

The T637 is a great little phone. Voice dialing recognition and
features are fantastic. Very good user interface. I tried the v600
and it had poor user interface, contacts organization, and voice
dialing. I previously owned a nokia 3650. The only thing I miss from
that phone is the speakerphone and being able to use it as an infared
remote control. Thanks for your response.

Thanks.

In article <7f7a45ca.0407152330.4dc7d024@posting.google.com>,
smasher@popupstop.com wrote:

> The T637 is a great little phone. Voice dialing recognition and
> features are fantastic. Very good user interface. I tried the v600
> and it had poor user interface, contacts organization, and voice
> dialing. I previously owned a nokia 3650. The only thing I miss from
> that phone is the speakerphone and being able to use it as an infared
> remote control. Thanks for your response.

My wife has a T637, I have a v600. Certainly somewhat different SETUPs
and settings, but the v600 is hardly poor, just different from a T637.
The v600 has a 4x zoom, 5 times the memory and a great speakerphone.
Being a flip phone, one doesn't need to mess with key locking, so I
prefer my v600, my wife prefers the smaller, lighter T637, and would
like more if she could switch from an iconic display to a text display,
which can be done on the v600, not to mention reordering the LIST which
is trivial on a v600. The v600 has two soft buttons that are
programmable for function, the T637 only has joystick left.

I know how to upload games to the v600, still looking for instructions
for a T637, luckily, the SnapMedia I bought for a Sanyo 5400 works with
the v600 and the T637, telling it its a T610. One could download 300+
ringtones to a T637, over 830 to a v600; and a Grand Total of 3 (THREE)
to a Sanyo.

Certainly any set of features becomes moot if battery life is
unacceptable, and our battery life is measured in days, far longer than
we were getting with the biodegradable Sanyo 5400 or 7300, even with
ReadyLink turned off. And neither the T637 or the v600 gets hot during
use or charging as the Sanyo's did, which causes circuit degradation.

The option is intuitively located in:

Menu > Connect > Bluetooth > Handsfree > Car Handsfree
Select the Power Save option