1st rom loaded OK but 2nd -> video problems

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with MAME32 (default options), Win98,
DX8, TNT2 (latest Vantra drivers from nVIDIA).

After PC startup, the first rom loaded plays OK, but when I quit and start
another one - the video is all screwy (like it's out of sync or something
similar), I have to restart to get things back to normal.

Any help here is much appreciated as it's very frustrating.

Thanks
Justin
2 answers Last reply
More about loaded video problems

    Justin wrote on 18. March 2005:

    > I'm experiencing a strange problem with MAME32 (default options), Win98,
    > DX8, TNT2 (latest Vantra drivers from nVIDIA).
    >
    > After PC startup, the first rom loaded plays OK, but when I quit and start
    > another one - the video is all screwy (like it's out of sync or something
    > similar), I have to restart to get things back to normal.
    >
    > Any help here is much appreciated as it's very frustrating.

    I would assume a broken graphic card driver which does not switch back to
    the previous mode.

    Did it happen before? Did you upgrade anything?
    --
    By(e) Andreas

    No built the machine up from scratch. Thanks for the advice - I'll look
    around for some other drivers.

    Justin

    "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    > Justin wrote on 18. March 2005:
    >>
    >> I'm experiencing a strange problem with MAME32 (default options), Win98,
    >> DX8, TNT2 (latest Vantra drivers from nVIDIA).
    >>
    >> After PC startup, the first rom loaded plays OK, but when I quit and
    >> start
    >> another one - the video is all screwy (like it's out of sync or something
    >> similar), I have to restart to get things back to normal.
    >>
    >> Any help here is much appreciated as it's very frustrating.
    >
    > I would assume a broken graphic card driver which does not switch back to
    > the previous mode.
    >
    > Did it happen before? Did you upgrade anything?
    > --
    > By(e) Andreas
    > Old school arcade classics at
    > http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
    > Linux without installation?
    > http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
    > OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
    > http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    > Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
    > http://counter.li.org/

Video Rom Video Games