Epson Photo Stylus 820 printing problems

My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
portion. It looks like...

$25.

We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
this?

It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
print that far to the right...
4 answers Last reply
More about epson photo stylus printing problems

    Eric wrote:
    > My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
    > to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
    > fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
    > being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
    > portion. It looks like...
    >
    > $25.
    >
    > We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
    > probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
    > wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
    > this?
    >

    > It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
    > print that far to the right...

    It isn't "BS" - and it isn't "strange". Most inkjets cannot print to the
    edge of the page ('full bleed') - and you happen to have one of the many
    that can't. You need to work out the printable area for your printer and
    adjust the settings in the software accordingly. Please see
    http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/horidiag.htm to learn how to figure
    out what the unprintable margin might be.

    According to the Epson 820 literature, in standard mode, an 8.5 x 11
    sheet has minimum margins of 3mm or .12 inch on the left and right side.

    There is also a borderless position for 8.5 x 11 size paper, allowing
    for complete coverage, but the top and bottom edges may have some
    degraded printing.

    So, the printer is quite capable of printing right to the edge or a
    letter size page. Make sure you have set the margins in the Epson
    printer driver to allow for wide coverage of the paper, if this is an
    option (each Epson driver seems to be slightly different).

    Art

    Eric wrote:

    > My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
    > to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
    > fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
    > being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
    > portion. It looks like...
    >
    > $25.
    >
    > We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
    > probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
    > wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
    > this?
    >

    > It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
    > print that far to the right...

    If Epson is to be believed, this model can print borderless with letter
    sized paper, and even if you do not use that mode, it has 3mm or ,12
    inch borders on the right and left side which is minimal. If the driver
    is set correctly the problem is the software program.

    Art

    Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    > Eric wrote:
    >
    >>My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
    >>to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
    >>fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
    >>being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
    >>portion. It looks like...
    >>
    >>$25.
    >>
    >>We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
    >>probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
    >>wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
    >>this?
    >>

    >>It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
    >>print that far to the right...
    >

    > It isn't "BS" - and it isn't "strange". Most inkjets cannot print to the
    > edge of the page ('full bleed') - and you happen to have one of the many
    > that can't. You need to work out the printable area for your printer and
    > adjust the settings in the software accordingly. Please see
    > http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/horidiag.htm to learn how to figure
    > out what the unprintable margin might be.

    That printer is capable of borderless printing but it is only supported on
    certain paper types and DPI. You may have some luck with changing the paper
    type to matte.

    "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
    > According to the Epson 820 literature, in standard mode, an 8.5 x 11
    > sheet has minimum margins of 3mm or .12 inch on the left and right side.
    >
    > There is also a borderless position for 8.5 x 11 size paper, allowing
    > for complete coverage, but the top and bottom edges may have some
    > degraded printing.
    >
    > So, the printer is quite capable of printing right to the edge or a
    > letter size page. Make sure you have set the margins in the Epson
    > printer driver to allow for wide coverage of the paper, if this is an
    > option (each Epson driver seems to be slightly different).
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Eric wrote:
    >
    > > My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
    > > to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
    > > fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
    > > being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
    > > portion. It looks like...
    > >
    > > $25.
    > >
    > > We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
    > > probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
    > > wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
    > > this?
    > >

    > > It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
    > > print that far to the right...

Printers Stylus Photo Epson Software Peripherals