Epson Photo Stylus 820 printing problems

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
July 7, 2004 5:11:24 PM

My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
portion. It looks like...

$25.

We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
this?

It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
print that far to the right...
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 4:59:21 AM

Eric wrote:
> My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
> to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
> fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
> being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
> portion. It looks like...
>
> $25.
>
> We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
> probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
> wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
> this?
>

> It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
> print that far to the right...

It isn't "BS" - and it isn't "strange". Most inkjets cannot print to the
edge of the page ('full bleed') - and you happen to have one of the many
that can't. You need to work out the printable area for your printer and
adjust the settings in the software accordingly. Please see
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/horidiag.htm to learn how to figure
out what the unprintable margin might be.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 4:36:26 PM

According to the Epson 820 literature, in standard mode, an 8.5 x 11
sheet has minimum margins of 3mm or .12 inch on the left and right side.

There is also a borderless position for 8.5 x 11 size paper, allowing
for complete coverage, but the top and bottom edges may have some
degraded printing.

So, the printer is quite capable of printing right to the edge or a
letter size page. Make sure you have set the margins in the Epson
printer driver to allow for wide coverage of the paper, if this is an
option (each Epson driver seems to be slightly different).

Art

Eric wrote:

> My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
> to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
> fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
> being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
> portion. It looks like...
>
> $25.
>
> We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
> probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
> wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
> this?
>

> It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
> print that far to the right...
July 8, 2004 4:39:19 PM

If Epson is to be believed, this model can print borderless with letter
sized paper, and even if you do not use that mode, it has 3mm or ,12
inch borders on the right and left side which is minimal. If the driver
is set correctly the problem is the software program.

Art

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> Eric wrote:
>
>>My wife does medical billing. We have software that has the ability
>>to adjust the printer settings but when I move the margins around to
>>fit the print to the form correctly, the right side of the page is
>>being cut off. So, for the Balance Due, it's cutting off the cents
>>portion. It looks like...
>>
>>$25.
>>
>>We called tech support for the billing software, but they say it's
>>probably the printer settings. I think this is BS, but I was
>>wondering if anyone else has ever come across anything strange like
>>this?
>>

>>It's almost like the printer doesn't think there's enough room to
>>print that far to the right...
>

> It isn't "BS" - and it isn't "strange". Most inkjets cannot print to the
> edge of the page ('full bleed') - and you happen to have one of the many
> that can't. You need to work out the printable area for your printer and
> adjust the settings in the software accordingly. Please see
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/horidiag.htm to learn how to figure
> out what the unprintable margin might be.

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 8:58:29 PM

That printer is capable of borderless printing but it is only supported on
certain paper types and DPI. You may have some luck with changing the paper
type to matte.

!