  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2005 4:16:37 PM

I plan on using 2 Seagate 250Gb SATA HDD's on this MB. I have the MB
here but am awaiting the remaining parts,,, HDDs, video card, ram ect.

Try as I might, I can't decipher from the manual if I will be able to
configure these SATA drives as my root drive (C:\). I figure I can
make the SATA drive bootable, but my question is, will WinXP configure
it as C:\ ?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

More about : question k8t neo2 board

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 28, 2005 10:30:25 PM

"Gerald Orvis Davis" <Geraldodavis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I plan on using 2 Seagate 250Gb SATA HDD's on this MB. I have the MB
> here but am awaiting the remaining parts,,, HDDs, video card, ram ect.
>
> Try as I might, I can't decipher from the manual if I will be able to
> configure these SATA drives as my root drive (C:\). I figure I can
> make the SATA drive bootable, but my question is, will WinXP configure
> it as C:\ ?
>

> Can anyone shed some light on this?

Yes it will. Just make sure you don't have a HDD on the IDE controller when
you do your install.

HTH,
Trev
!