MS-6330 diagnostic LED error

I have a failed PC with an MS-6330 mobo. The failure was intermittant,
but now permanent. LEDs (from top) are Green-Red-Red-Red which the
manual shows as "Assign IRQs to PCI devices". I get the start of the
BIOS display on screen for a few seconds then it goes. No kb lights;
can’t pressed DEL to get into BIOS. Tried resetting BIOS, replaced
PSU, replaced all PCI cards, replaced RAM, replaced mouse & kb. Same
error even if no cards or disks present.

Help, please?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/MSI-Microstar-MS-6330-diagnostic-LED-error-ftopict58182.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294040

michel

crowndale schreef:
> I have a failed PC with an MS-6330 mobo. The failure was intermittant,
> but now permanent. LEDs (from top) are Green-Red-Red-Red which the
> manual shows as "Assign IRQs to PCI devices". I get the start of the
> BIOS display on screen for a few seconds then it goes. No kb lights;
> can’t pressed DEL to get into BIOS. Tried resetting BIOS, replaced
> PSU, replaced all PCI cards, replaced RAM, replaced mouse & kb. Same
> error even if no cards or disks present.
>
> Help, please?

Check for leaking Capacitors

Maybe one of them is bulbing or leaking electrolyte (brown on top capacitor)

Michel

"" wrote:
> crowndale schreef:
> > I have a failed PC with an MS-6330 mobo. The failure was
> intermittant,
> > but now permanent. LEDs (from top) are Green-Red-Red-Red
> which the
> > manual shows as "Assign IRQs to PCI devices". I get the
> start of the
> > BIOS display on screen for a few seconds then it goes. No kb
> lights;
> > can’t pressed DEL to get into BIOS. Tried resetting BIOS,
> replaced
> > PSU, replaced all PCI cards, replaced RAM, replaced mouse &
> kb. Same
> > error even if no cards or disks present.
> >
> > Help, please?
> >
> Check for leaking Capacitors
>
> Maybe one of them is bulbing or leaking electrolyte (brown on
> top capacitor)
>
> Michel

Thanks Michel

There is no obvious damage, but C171 & C172 (by the AGP socket) have
very slight browning and the top is very slightly convex compared to
other capacitors.

The fault first occurred about a week earlier, but disappeared when I
moved the RAM & network card to a different slot. The fault has now
returned and is permanent. I’ve tried using a PCI graphics card in
place of the AGP but see the same fault. When starting from cold I get
the initial BIOS display page but then it locks up. If I retry without
leaving it powered down for a few minutes then I get no display at
all.

Capacitor problem does seem likely. I’ve never replaced a soldered
component on a mobo, but am willing to give it a try if you think it
may help. It’s either that or a new mobo, I guess!

Thanks once again,
Peter

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/MSI-Microstar-MS-6330-diagnostic-LED-error-ftopict58182.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294770