upgrade USB 1.1 to 2.0

Hey every1! I need help!
I would like to upgrade my USB 1.1 card to USB 2.0 but the problem is that I
don't know if i take the 1.1 card out and replace it with 2.0, i don't know
if it would work.
I am running a USB 1.1 Controller and I have a USB 1.1 Root Hub as well.
Any help? Please I need it!
Thanx!

Ryan

Check your motherboard or to see if your computer supports it. If you go out
and buy a 2.0 USB card, it will still operate in 1.1 mode.

You got to find out if your computer supports it.

"mark34game" wrote:

> Hey every1! I need help!
> I would like to upgrade my USB 1.1 card to USB 2.0 but the problem is that I
> don't know if i take the 1.1 card out and replace it with 2.0, i don't know
> if it would work.
> I am running a USB 1.1 Controller and I have a USB 1.1 Root Hub as well.
> Any help? Please I need it!
> Thanx!

USB gets the upgrade thru XP SP1 (1.1 to 2.0),however one usually needs
to install this manually,open device mgr.,scroll to the usb
controller,R.click
on it,then select update drivers,if the board and/or hardware supports 2.0
it will upgrade auto.

"mark34game" wrote:

> Hey every1! I need help!
> I would like to upgrade my USB 1.1 card to USB 2.0 but the problem is that I
> don't know if i take the 1.1 card out and replace it with 2.0, i don't know
> if it would work.
> I am running a USB 1.1 Controller and I have a USB 1.1 Root Hub as well.
> Any help? Please I need it!
> Thanx!

how do i know if my computer supports USB 2.0??

"Andrew E." wrote:

> USB gets the upgrade thru XP SP1 (1.1 to 2.0),however one usually needs
> to install this manually,open device mgr.,scroll to the usb
> controller,R.click
> on it,then select update drivers,if the board and/or hardware supports 2.0
> it will upgrade auto.
>
> "mark34game" wrote:
>
> > Hey every1! I need help!
> > I would like to upgrade my USB 1.1 card to USB 2.0 but the problem is that I
> > don't know if i take the 1.1 card out and replace it with 2.0, i don't know
> > if it would work.
> > I am running a USB 1.1 Controller and I have a USB 1.1 Root Hub as well.
> > Any help? Please I need it!
> > Thanx!

If the Device manager says you have USB 1.1 Root Hubs and
USB 1.1 Controllers your system will not support USB 2.0 .
But you may buy a add-in PCI card that will support USB 2.0
and it will install and operate in addition to the on-board
USB 1.1 on the motherboard. Only the ports connected to the
new card will be USB 2.0. You can buy a card that has
internal ports that can be connected to the front panel (you
may need to buy a panel to install if you don't have front
connectors).

You can buy a PCI card that will also support Firewire and
USB 2.0.

You will also need to install software to support the new
hardware, with Windows XP that means at least XP SP1.

"mark34game" <mark34game@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message