how to increase movement in new MS Wireless IntelliMouse E..

March 16, 2005 11:13:52 PM

I just bought a new Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and was
wondering if there is a way to increase the movement of the cursor in
relation to when you move the mouse. So that a smaller movement of the
mouse will move the cursor more.

I downloaded the latest software and turned the pointer speed motion to the
fastest setting but it still is nowhere as accurate as my old Logitech
wireless that I had to replace. With the Logitech a much smaller movement
of the mouse caused a larger movement in the cursor.

My desk is small and the smaller motion of the mouse is not only critical
but more comfortable.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

--
Tony
Anonymous

That sounds like something I ran into a long time ago.

Try toggling 'enhance pointer precision'.

--
Walter Clayton
http://www.dts-l.org

"TM" <nospam-abc@nothing.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and was
>wondering if there is a way to increase the movement of the cursor in
>relation to when you move the mouse. So that a smaller movement of the
>mouse will move the cursor more.
>
> I downloaded the latest software and turned the pointer speed motion to
> the fastest setting but it still is nowhere as accurate as my old Logitech
> wireless that I had to replace. With the Logitech a much smaller movement
> of the mouse caused a larger movement in the cursor.
>
> My desk is small and the smaller motion of the mouse is not only critical
> but more comfortable.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
>
> --
> Tony

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 10:41:31 PM

Actually turning that off made it a lot better. It is still not as precise
as my old Logitech Wireless Mouse. With that one I could use my small mouse
pad to navigate the screen easily. All I did was turn up the motion to the
fastest setting.

But the Microsoft Mouse seems to move much less on the screen causing me to
pickup the mouse and reposition it a lot. That kills my wrist after using
it for a little while.

--
Tony

"Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvps.AMorg> wrote in message
> That sounds like something I ran into a long time ago.
>
> Try toggling 'enhance pointer precision'.
>
> --
> Walter Clayton
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "TM" <nospam-abc@nothing.com> wrote in message
>>I just bought a new Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and was
>>wondering if there is a way to increase the movement of the cursor in
>>relation to when you move the mouse. So that a smaller movement of the
>>mouse will move the cursor more.
>>
>> I downloaded the latest software and turned the pointer speed motion to
>> the fastest setting but it still is nowhere as accurate as my old
>> Logitech wireless that I had to replace. With the Logitech a much
>> smaller movement of the mouse caused a larger movement in the cursor.
>>
>> My desk is small and the smaller motion of the mouse is not only critical
>> but more comfortable.
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Tony

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 5:49:10 PM

I'm still going way back memory wise...

Did you download the latest Intellimouse drivers from MS?

--

> Actually turning that off made it a lot better. It is still not as
> precise as my old Logitech Wireless Mouse. With that one I could use my
> small mouse pad to navigate the screen easily. All I did was turn up the
> motion to the fastest setting.
>
> But the Microsoft Mouse seems to move much less on the screen causing me
> to pickup the mouse and reposition it a lot. That kills my wrist after
> using it for a little while.
>
> --
> Tony
>

> "Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvps.AMorg> wrote in message
>> That sounds like something I ran into a long time ago.
>>
>> Try toggling 'enhance pointer precision'.
>>
>> --
>> Walter Clayton
>> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "TM" <nospam-abc@nothing.com> wrote in message
>>>I just bought a new Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and was
>>>wondering if there is a way to increase the movement of the cursor in
>>>relation to when you move the mouse. So that a smaller movement of the
>>>mouse will move the cursor more.
>>>
>>> I downloaded the latest software and turned the pointer speed motion to
>>> the fastest setting but it still is nowhere as accurate as my old
>>> Logitech wireless that I had to replace. With the Logitech a much
>>> smaller movement of the mouse caused a larger movement in the cursor.
>>>
>>> My desk is small and the smaller motion of the mouse is not only
>>> critical but more comfortable.
>>>
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tony

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:12:23 PM

Yes I did. It was version 5.2 and I downloaded it just a couple of days ago
--

!