AMD Athlon XP 2800+ showing up as 1.25Ghz? Please help...

I have a MSI KT4AV motherboard loaded with the most current BIOS. When
my system boots the CPU shows that the CPU is running 1.25GHz and the
2800+ is not shown (only AMD Athlon XP) and in Windows "system
properties" the same is true. The BIOS is set to the defaults
setting.

Why are some possible reasons for this?

THANKS!

AR

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/MSI-Microstar-AMD-Athlon-XP-2800-showing-25Ghz-help-ftopict58299.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294661
1 answer Last reply
More about athlon 2800 showing 25ghz help

    "archive2" wrote:
    > I have a MSI KT4AV motherboard loaded with the most current
    > BIOS. When my system boots the CPU shows that the CPU is
    > running 1.25GHz and the 2800+ is not shown (only AMD Athlon
    > XP) and in Windows "system properties" the same is true. The
    > BIOS is set to the defaults setting.
    >
    > Why are some possible reasons for this?
    >
    > THANKS!
    >
    > AR

    It works - FSB 166 MHz

MSI-Microstar Windows XP BIOS CPUs AMD Motherboards