Carl

Anyone have usb problems with this board? I have usb ports dropping out all
the time. What is the latest bios for this board and where do I get it from?
TIA

Carl wrote:
> Anyone have usb problems with this board? I have usb ports dropping out all
> the time. What is the latest bios for this board and where do I get it from?
> TIA

So you'd be comfortable enough flashing the BIOS on your pc, but you're
not bright enough to find it? Interesting.

Carl

It isn't my board. I was wondering if there was someone helpful to reply to
save me tme, but there seems to have been only a comedian reply!

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:51:04 +0000 (UTC), "Carl" <me@theworld.universe>
wrote:

>Anyone have usb problems with this board? I have usb ports dropping out all
>the time. What is the latest bios for this board and where do I get it from?
>TIA

Latest bios can be found here:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=607&kind=1
but none of them indicate any USB fixes.

Is it possible you're pushing the 500 mA per port limitation?

I think the reason some people give smart ass remarks is because you should
have received a manual with the motherboard which has the web address plus
since you obviously have internet access you can google it to find MSI. I
like to help people but think they should do some of the preliminary work
themselves like reading the manual and finding out the newest bios from the
manufacturers site. You must be a liberal since you think everybody should
do things for you instead of you helping yourself. Just a little humor
there. Now to actually answer your question, I have a K8N NEO2 Plat. and
have not noticed any problems with USB. The newest Bios is 1.8 so possibly
your power supply isn't strong enough. I have an Antec SL350 which runs my
system perfect with a 3700+ San Diego core OC'd to 2.6 GHz. You might want
to give some more info like what type of P.S. and the Amp ratings of the
12V, 3.3 V and 5V rails of your supply.

Carl

i did not get the manual with it, just got handed the pc. I thought i would
ask about where to go to get a bios because a recent official bios from Abit
was cack

beemer

"Carl" <me@theworld.universe> wrote in message
|i did not get the manual with it, just got handed the pc. I thought i would
| ask about where to go to get a bios because a recent official bios from
Abit
| was cack

Manual is available at same MSI site
No USB problems at all for me