Windows virtual memory settings help needed

I have noticed that windowsXP does not change the amount of virtual memory,
when set to manual. I have a 40GB HDD and wish to use more than 382MB of
Page file. I JUST rebooted after manually setting to 2.5GB and my pagefile
is...382MB!!!When i set it to system managed I can get UP TO and INCLUDING
489MB!!! which is GB away from where I wish to be... any help greatly
appreciated, as I wish to game on my system, but I keep getting out of memory
errors that force my games to close!!! and Im outta Free Tech answers, so Im
screwed.

Try clicking set 2X after youve adjusted it manually,if set properly,a restart
is required.

"Jester Doobiesmoker" <Jester Doobiesmoker@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have noticed that windowsXP does not change the amount of virtual memory,
>when set to manual. I have a 40GB HDD and wish to use more than 382MB of
>Page file. I JUST rebooted after manually setting to 2.5GB and my pagefile
>is...382MB!!!When i set it to system managed I can get UP TO and INCLUDING
>489MB!!! which is GB away from where I wish to be... any help greatly
>appreciated, as I wish to game on my system, but I keep getting out of memory
>errors that force my games to close!!! and Im outta Free Tech answers, so Im
>screwed.

See the article by the late Alex Nichol MVP on virtual memory in
Windows XP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--