Bradley

I am in the process of building a system with an i915 chipset and requires a
24 pin power supply.

What kind of details should I look for when I look to purchase on these
power supplies to suit this motherboard?

Thanks

Basic computer runs on 350-400 watts P4 w/915 chipset,add video,soundcard,
extra hds,dvd,450 min. to 550 A servers board requires about 650.Get name
brand and as much as one can afford.

"Bradley" wrote:

> I am in the process of building a system with an i915 chipset and requires a
> 24 pin power supply.
>
> What kind of details should I look for when I look to purchase on these
> power supplies to suit this motherboard?
>
> Thanks

to start with ...a24pin PSU
Then you have to figure out how much power you need related to all the
peripheals you are going to
install...CD/DVD/HD1/HD2/video/sound/nic/ram/??..........plus future
expansion.
Each device will run off a different power line on the PSU...12v
line....+3.3v line...+5.0v line etc etc.but those are the main3
The amps rating on these lines are what gives you power.Try to find a brand
name PSU with at least 30A on the +3.3,30A on the +5.0 and 26A on the +12
line.Some good names are Enermax,Antec,Seasonic ...there are more but a
Google on those names will give you specs and comparison tests
peterk