P3 Slot 1 1Ghz on MSI - 6163 Pro

Hi,
I currently have a MSI - 6163 Pro mobo with a 675mhz processor.
I would like to get the most out of this computer so i have been
browsing ebay for a possible new processor.
For around £30 i could buy a P3 1ghz slot 1 processor.
Will this work with th 6163 pro without having to flash the bios or
anything too complicated? if not, what is the best it can take? and
does anybody think that is is worth doing?
Thanks.
Chris.

Spajky

On 5 Jul 2005 12:19:21 -0700, "cdt123" <christownend@gmail.com> wrote:

>I currently have a MSI - 6163 Pro mobo with a 675mhz processor.
>I would like to get the most out of this computer ...
>Will this work with th 6163 pro without having to flash the bios or
>anything too complicated?

get a Slot-T slotket & a used (eBay) Tualatin Celeron 1.1A & OC a bit
with added small fan blowing to back slotket caps & MosFets ...
no bios uppgrade needed ...
--
Regards , SPAJKY ®
mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com