Problem with Task manager

When I open Task Manager, only part of it or nothing at all shows up on the
desktop. I can't do anything with it and the only way I can close it is to
right-click on it in the System Tray and close it. How I can reinstall it?
The only other place it shows up is on the Task Bar. Also, if I hit
ctrl-alt-delete, the only thing that happens is Task Manager shows up on the
Task Bar. Nothing else is available.

Thanks,
Gary

Task Manager is either not visible at all on the desktop or only the bottom
portion is visible.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Gary" wrote:
>
> | When I open Task Manager, only part of it or nothing at all shows up on the
> | desktop. I can't do anything with it and the only way I can close it is to
> | right-click on it in the System Tray and close it. How I can reinstall it?
> | The only other place it shows up is on the Task Bar. Also, if I hit
> | ctrl-alt-delete, the only thing that happens is Task Manager shows up on the
> | Task Bar. Nothing else is available.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Gary

I stand corrected - it worked!!!