Building a new system

Ryan

My friend is trying to build a new Intel system using the i925XE chipset and
noticed that these sytems utilize a 24 pin power connector as opposed to my
866 chipset 20 pin power connector.

How can I make sure he gets a PSU with a 24 pin power connector with most
Case manufacturers supplying the 20 pin style? Also, are there anything else
should I look out that would be different compared to my system when building
this system?

I know the socket style is different too compared to a 478 socket.

Thanks

Tell him to get the 24 pin power supply NOT the 20 pin with an adapter!

Ryan wrote:

> My friend is trying to build a new Intel system using the i925XE chipset and
> noticed that these sytems utilize a 24 pin power connector as opposed to my
> 866 chipset 20 pin power connector.
>
> How can I make sure he gets a PSU with a 24 pin power connector with most
> Case manufacturers supplying the 20 pin style? Also, are there anything else
> should I look out that would be different compared to my system when building
> this system?
>
> I know the socket style is different too compared to a 478 socket.
>
> Thanks

Go to the power supply manufacturers website. Look at the specs for the
different supplies. Write down the model numbers of the compliant power
supplies. Go to the store with him and makes sure he picks up the correct
box from the shelf. Follow him to the checkout line and out to the car (make
certain he pays).

Now you have made sure he got one that will work (-:

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend is trying to build a new Intel system using the i925XE chipset
> and
> noticed that these sytems utilize a 24 pin power connector as opposed to
> my
> 866 chipset 20 pin power connector.
>
> How can I make sure he gets a PSU with a 24 pin power connector with most
> Case manufacturers supplying the 20 pin style? Also, are there anything
> else
> should I look out that would be different compared to my system when
> building
> this system?
>
> I know the socket style is different too compared to a 478 socket.
>
> Thanks

Richard
He still cant be certain.......he could lose it on the way home,
He 'd have to be in the car with the PSU in his lap hanging on at all times.
When at the friends house he would have to carry it into the house and
remove it from the box and install it into the new system..............then
he'd be sure!!
peterk