MSI 6738 mobo Standard PC?

In the System screen of Dev Manager the Computer is listed twice. The
first listing is ACPI Uniprocessor PC
The second is Standard PC.
When I try to Shutdown I have to manually switch off the PC, it does
not auto-shutdown. My guess is that its behaving like a Standard PC.
However Standard PC cannot be uninstalled, yet the ACPI version can.
Does anyone know how I can get auto-shutdown back and/or how I list
only one PC-type in Dev Manager please?
I assume this is an MSI issue, it may not be of course!

BJ

Sorry should have added its XP-SP2. I had a similar problem with 2000
and cured it by doing a 2000 cd-based upgrade

TRENDING THREADS