hi, i have a windows xp SP2 based pc and a windows xp home based notebook,
and i can not get them to conect, i need to transfer files between this two
computers but when i configure the home or small office network it send a
message "//Mobile is not accessible. You might not have permision to use
htis network resurce. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions.

Access denied"

it happens both ways.... i tried everything would you please help me?!?!?!?
thanks!

Firewall on?? Also do you have a shared folder set up?

--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> hi, i have a windows xp SP2 based pc and a windows xp home based notebook,
> and i can not get them to conect, i need to transfer files between this two
> computers but when i configure the home or small office network it send a
> message "//Mobile is not accessible. You might not have permision to use
> htis network resurce. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
> if you have access permissions.
>
> Access denied"
>

> it happens both ways.... i tried everything would you please help me?!?!?!?
> thanks!

Yes i tried firewall off of the SP2
share folders everything, but when i go to "see computers in this work
group" i can see each other but no access is allowed one way or the other...

"David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Firewall on?? Also do you have a shared folder set up?
>
> --
> Dave Vair
> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
> Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
>
> "Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>> hi, i have a windows xp SP2 based pc and a windows xp home based
>> notebook,
>> and i can not get them to conect, i need to transfer files between this
>> two
>> computers but when i configure the home or small office network it send a
>> message "//Mobile is not accessible. You might not have permision to use
>> htis network resurce. Contact the administrator of this server to find
>> out
>> if you have access permissions.
>>
>> Access denied"
>>

>> it happens both ways.... i tried everything would you please help
>> me?!?!?!?
>> thanks!

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi,

Just trying to help,

The variables can be many and depending on how do you connect the two
computers, such as what type of cable did you use (e.g.cross-over, regular
LAN, or others?) or did you use any switching/hub?

Since home networking can range from very simple to complicated ones, so
here is a link from MS for your reference: Home and Small Office Networking
with Windows XP --
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/default.mspx

Hope this helps.

"Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy>
???????:u30pNs3KFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Yes i tried firewall off of the SP2
> share folders everything, but when i go to "see computers in this work
> group" i can see each other but no access is allowed one way or the
> other...
>

> "David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> escribió en el mensaje
>> Firewall on?? Also do you have a shared folder set up?
>>
>> --
>> Dave Vair
>> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
>> Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
>>
>> "Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>>> hi, i have a windows xp SP2 based pc and a windows xp home based
>>> notebook,
>>> and i can not get them to conect, i need to transfer files between this
>>> two
>>> computers but when i configure the home or small office network it send
>>> message "//Mobile is not accessible. You might not have permision to use
>>> htis network resurce. Contact the administrator of this server to find
>>> out
>>> if you have access permissions.
>>>
>>> Access denied"
>>>

>>> it happens both ways.... i tried everything would you please help
>>> me?!?!?!?
>>> thanks!

Have you set up identical users on both PC's?? Or enabled guest account??

"xfile" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just trying to help,
>
> The variables can be many and depending on how do you connect the two
> computers, such as what type of cable did you use (e.g.cross-over, regular
> LAN, or others?) or did you use any switching/hub?
>
> Since home networking can range from very simple to complicated ones, so
> here is a link from MS for your reference: Home and Small Office Networking
> with Windows XP --
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/default.mspx
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> "Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy>
> ???????:u30pNs3KFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Yes i tried firewall off of the SP2
> > share folders everything, but when i go to "see computers in this work
> > group" i can see each other but no access is allowed one way or the
> > other...
> >

> > "David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> escribió en el mensaje
> >> Firewall on?? Also do you have a shared folder set up?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dave Vair
> >> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
> >> Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
> >>
> >> "Ignacio Fernandez" <wolverine@movinet.com.uy> wrote in message

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi,

Personally, I have not because even at my home environment, I set up a small
domain to do with work and with DSL and wireless routers.

But I heard from our technical support, that it is somehow required for
using direct cable and/or just via switching/hub. But I have not hands-on
test on this one.

Wish you luck.

"tfw48079" <tfw48079@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:924F0A73-8DF0-4EF7-AD72-046D15E24464@microsoft.com...

File sharing etc. explained