CDr and DVD R not found

March 19, 2005 8:58:34 AM

Hi

I am running XP SP2
I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
nothing happened.
I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives have
been on my system for a couple of years.

I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation mark
beside them,
when I go to properties there is a message.

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"

I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem with
the
same messages in Device Manager.
I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
being installed they must be connected properly.

Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.

Daniel

More about : cdr dvd found

March 19, 2005 9:20:28 AM

Thanks for your response, I have followed the advice
and all is fine now.

thanks again

Daniel
news:o 8nk70%23KFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>
> To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
>
> 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
> [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
>
> 2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and
> the Lowerfilters value,
> if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD
> recording software, you may need
> to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the
> software vendor for assistance.
>
> 7. Restart your computer.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | I am running XP SP2
> | I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
> | nothing happened.
> | I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives
> have
> | been on my system for a couple of years.
> |
> | I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation
> mark
> | beside them,
> | when I go to properties there is a message.
> |
> | "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
> | this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"
> |
> | I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem
> with
> | the
> | same messages in Device Manager.
> | I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
> | being installed they must be connected properly.
> |
> | Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
> |
> | Daniel

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 12:40:11 AM

Daniel,

I had the same problem and found the same fix. However, although the system
recognizes my CD drives, it does not recognize the write capability. Have
you had a similar experience?

"Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response, I have followed the advice
> and all is fine now.
>
> thanks again
>
> Daniel
> news:o 8nk70%23KFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
>> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>>
>> To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
>>
>> 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
>> [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
>>
>> 2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>>
>> 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>>
>> 4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>>
>> 5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>>
>> 6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and
>> the Lowerfilters value,
>> if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD
>> recording software, you may need
>> to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the
>> software vendor for assistance.
>>
>> 7. Restart your computer.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

>> "Daniel" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi
>> |
>> | I am running XP SP2
>> | I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
>> | nothing happened.
>> | I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives
>> have
>> | been on my system for a couple of years.
>> |
>> | I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation
>> mark
>> | beside them,
>> | when I go to properties there is a message.
>> |
>> | "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
>> | this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"
>> |
>> | I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem
>> with
>> | the
>> | same messages in Device Manager.
>> | I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
>> | being installed they must be connected properly.
>> |
>> | Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
>> |
>> | Daniel

March 21, 2005 10:41:21 PM

Yes I have, not this time but in the past,
I went this KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529
and it worked.

Good luck