Daniel

Hi

I am running XP SP2
I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
nothing happened.
I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives have
been on my system for a couple of years.

I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation mark
beside them,
when I go to properties there is a message.

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"

I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem with
the
same messages in Device Manager.
I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
being installed they must be connected properly.

Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.

Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for your response, I have followed the advice
and all is fine now.

thanks again

Daniel
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>
> To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
>
> 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
> [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
>
> 2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and
> the Lowerfilters value,
> if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD
> recording software, you may need
> to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the
> software vendor for assistance.
>
> 7. Restart your computer.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | I am running XP SP2
> | I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
> | nothing happened.
> | I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives
> have
> | been on my system for a couple of years.
> |
> | I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation
> mark
> | beside them,
> | when I go to properties there is a message.
> |
> | "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
> | this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"
> |
> | I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem
> with
> | the
> | same messages in Device Manager.
> | I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
> | being installed they must be connected properly.
> |
> | Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
> |
> | Daniel

Daniel,

I had the same problem and found the same fix. However, although the system
recognizes my CD drives, it does not recognize the write capability. Have
you had a similar experience?

"Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response, I have followed the advice
> and all is fine now.
>
> thanks again
>
> Daniel
>> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
>> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>>
>> To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
>>
>> 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
>> [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
>>
>> 2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>>
>> 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>>
>> 4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>>
>> 5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>>
>> 6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and
>> the Lowerfilters value,
>> if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD
>> recording software, you may need
>> to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the
>> software vendor for assistance.
>>
>> 7. Restart your computer.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Daniel" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi
>> |
>> | I am running XP SP2
>> | I got up this morning and turned on my PC, put a CD into the drive and
>> | nothing happened.
>> | I went to explorer and there was no CD or DVD drive shown. These drives
>> have
>> | been on my system for a couple of years.
>> |
>> | I went to Device Manager and the two drives have a yellow exclamation
>> mark
>> | beside them,
>> | when I go to properties there is a message.
>> |
>> | "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
>> | this hardware but cannot find the device (code 41)"
>> |
>> | I uninstalled the drives and rebooted, but still have the same problem
>> with
>> | the
>> | same messages in Device Manager.
>> | I am guessing that because the drives appeared in Device Manager after
>> | being installed they must be connected properly.
>> |
>> | Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
>> |
>> | Daniel

Daniel

Yes I have, not this time but in the past,
I went this KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529
and it worked.

Good luck