New RAM, No Post

Hi group

I have the following setup:

MSI K8T Neo-FSR (MS-6702) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
ATI Radeon X800 Pro (R420)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

and
Corsair CMX512-3200LL PT (400MHZ) RAM

However I have just bought a Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 RAM.

I have the 512MB in slot 0 and 1024MB in slot 1, but after booting up there
is no display. If I leave the 512MB its ok, bu I have put the 1024 in slot 0
and it boots ok and O/S see 1024MB of RAM ok.

I thought that as long as RAM in slots are running at same speed (ie 3200) I
should be ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gareth

"" wrote:
> Hi group
>
> I have the following setup:
>
> MSI K8T Neo-FSR (MS-6702) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio,
> Gigabit LAN)
> ATI Radeon X800 Pro (R420)
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
>
> and
> Corsair CMX512-3200LL PT (400MHZ) RAM
>
> However I have just bought a Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 RAM.
>
> I have the 512MB in slot 0 and 1024MB in slot 1, but after
> booting up there
> is no display. If I leave the 512MB its ok, bu I have put the
> 1024 in slot 0
> and it boots ok and O/S see 1024MB of RAM ok.
>
> I thought that as long as RAM in slots are running at same
> speed (ie 3200) I
> should be ok.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gareth

You may want to check your compatibility concerning single and double
sided memory stick combinations for different slots. This information
can be found on the MSI website. Hope it helps

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/MSI-Microstar-RAM-Post-ftopict59186.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300288