Sound Card Problems

Hey! My grandpa gave me this computer as a gift when he got a new one. My
soundcard became uninstalled when I reinstalled Windows XP Professional. He
had replaced the card with a different one before giving the computer to me.
I have no idea what brand it is or model, but each time I start Windows, it
says that it found new hardware (PCI Input Device). Could this be it? And if
so, can I find out the model so I can download drivers?
Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about sound card problems

    Go to www.belarc.com and download The Belarc Advisor and/or www.lavalys.com
    and get the Everest Home edition. Both of them, when installed and run, will
    give you more info about your system than you may want to know.

    "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey! My grandpa gave me this computer as a gift when he got a new one. My
    > soundcard became uninstalled when I reinstalled Windows XP Professional.
    > He
    > had replaced the card with a different one before giving the computer to
    > me.
    > I have no idea what brand it is or model, but each time I start Windows,
    > it
    > says that it found new hardware (PCI Input Device). Could this be it? And
    > if
    > so, can I find out the model so I can download drivers?
    > Thanks!

    Open the system case and look at what is written on the sound card.

    Then get on the web and download the driver files.

    Second choice: it is unlikely that a sound card is identified as a PCI
    Input Device, however if you would ccare to allow XP to connect to the web
    and look for drivers you may have some luck with the automatic installation
    process.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Go to www.belarc.com and download The Belarc Advisor and/or www.lavalys.com
    > and get the Everest Home edition. Both of them, when installed and run, will
    > give you more info about your system than you may want to know.
    >
    > "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey! My grandpa gave me this computer as a gift when he got a new one. My
    > > soundcard became uninstalled when I reinstalled Windows XP Professional.
    > > He
    > > had replaced the card with a different one before giving the computer to
    > > me.
    > > I have no idea what brand it is or model, but each time I start Windows,
    > > it
    > > says that it found new hardware (PCI Input Device). Could this be it? And
    > > if
    > > so, can I find out the model so I can download drivers?
    > > Thanks!

Hardware Sound Cards Windows XP