Sound Card Problems

March 19, 2005 3:21:01 PM

Hey! My grandpa gave me this computer as a gift when he got a new one. My
soundcard became uninstalled when I reinstalled Windows XP Professional. He
had replaced the card with a different one before giving the computer to me.
I have no idea what brand it is or model, but each time I start Windows, it
says that it found new hardware (PCI Input Device). Could this be it? And if
so, can I find out the model so I can download drivers?
Thanks!

More about : sound card problems

March 19, 2005 3:39:09 PM

Go to www.belarc.com and download The Belarc Advisor and/or www.lavalys.com
and get the Everest Home edition. Both of them, when installed and run, will
give you more info about your system than you may want to know.

"Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey! My grandpa gave me this computer as a gift when he got a new one. My
> soundcard became uninstalled when I reinstalled Windows XP Professional.
> He
> had replaced the card with a different one before giving the computer to
> me.
> I have no idea what brand it is or model, but each time I start Windows,
> it
> says that it found new hardware (PCI Input Device). Could this be it? And
> if
> so, can I find out the model so I can download drivers?
> Thanks!
March 20, 2005 4:31:01 AM

Open the system case and look at what is written on the sound card.

Then get on the web and download the driver files.

Second choice: it is unlikely that a sound card is identified as a PCI
Input Device, however if you would ccare to allow XP to connect to the web
and look for drivers you may have some luck with the automatic installation
process.

!