Hard Drive with Virus

I would like to recover Word documents from a hard drive infected by an
unknown virus. Can I do this by hooking the infected drive up (in slave mode)
to another working machine? The hard drive has XP home edition on it.
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive virus

    Yes, this is OK.

    The disk will be viewed a D Drive; however you should perform a thorough
    scan for viruses on your hard drive before accessing any files.

    "rkluchy" wrote:

    > I would like to recover Word documents from a hard drive infected by an
    > unknown virus. Can I do this by hooking the infected drive up (in slave mode)
    > to another working machine? The hard drive has XP home edition on it.

    Thank you! I will definitly be running a virus scan first.

    "BAR" wrote:

    > Yes, this is OK.
    >
    > The disk will be viewed a D Drive; however you should perform a thorough
    > scan for viruses on your hard drive before accessing any files.
    >
    > "rkluchy" wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to recover Word documents from a hard drive infected by an
    > > unknown virus. Can I do this by hooking the infected drive up (in slave mode)
    > > to another working machine? The hard drive has XP home edition on it.

Virus Hard Drives Windows XP