Hardware Monitor ??

I had to resort to re-installing windows xp and now when I start the
computer up it has the following:

Hardware Monitor
Then it has the following lines (paraphrased)
CPU temp ......
System Fan ......
Verifying DMI Pool data
Boot from CD ...

It stops for a second or two and then carries on as usual. Desktop is
normal. It worries me as I have never seen that before. Can anybody tell
me why it would be there now and can I change the configuration anywhere or
is it a warning???

I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs. It would be great
if someone had an answer for me.

George
4 answers Last reply
More about hardware monitor

    This is info that comes from your BIOS
    If you check the manual that came with your system you should find info on
    how to enter the BIOS.
    Be extremely carefull in there and look for the settings to turn off
    temp&fan display.Safe and exit.
    Or you can leave it on .....the verify DMI and Boot from CD should stay.
    peterk
    "George Griffiths" <georgeous@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >I had to resort to re-installing windows xp and now when I start the
    >computer up it has the following:
    >
    > Hardware Monitor
    > Then it has the following lines (paraphrased)
    > CPU temp ......
    > System Fan ......
    > Verifying DMI Pool data
    > Boot from CD ...
    >
    > It stops for a second or two and then carries on as usual. Desktop is
    > normal. It worries me as I have never seen that before. Can anybody tell
    > me why it would be there now and can I change the configuration anywhere
    > or is it a warning???
    >
    > I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs. It would be
    > great if someone had an answer for me.
    >
    > George

    'I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs' and what does that
    mean in plain English?

    As for your BIOS messages, well if you have a proper user guide, it can be
    referenced and used to determine how to hide such messages.

    However maybe London Drugs can supply a prescription for the PC to bring it
    out of its state of delerium or Certify the PC as safe.

    "peterk" wrote:

    > This is info that comes from your BIOS
    > If you check the manual that came with your system you should find info on
    > how to enter the BIOS.
    > Be extremely carefull in there and look for the settings to turn off
    > temp&fan display.Safe and exit.
    > Or you can leave it on .....the verify DMI and Boot from CD should stay.
    > peterk
    > "George Griffiths" <georgeous@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > >I had to resort to re-installing windows xp and now when I start the
    > >computer up it has the following:
    > >
    > > Hardware Monitor
    > > Then it has the following lines (paraphrased)
    > > CPU temp ......
    > > System Fan ......
    > > Verifying DMI Pool data
    > > Boot from CD ...
    > >
    > > It stops for a second or two and then carries on as usual. Desktop is
    > > normal. It worries me as I have never seen that before. Can anybody tell
    > > me why it would be there now and can I change the configuration anywhere
    > > or is it a warning???
    > >
    > > I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs. It would be
    > > great if someone had an answer for me.
    > >
    > > George

    I have been trying to figure out what London Drugs has to do with this also!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > 'I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs' and what does
    > that
    > mean in plain English?
    >
    > As for your BIOS messages, well if you have a proper user guide, it can be
    > referenced and used to determine how to hide such messages.
    >
    > However maybe London Drugs can supply a prescription for the PC to bring
    > it
    > out of its state of delerium or Certify the PC as safe.
    >
    > "peterk" wrote:
    >
    >> This is info that comes from your BIOS
    >> If you check the manual that came with your system you should find info
    >> on
    >> how to enter the BIOS.
    >> Be extremely carefull in there and look for the settings to turn off
    >> temp&fan display.Safe and exit.
    >> Or you can leave it on .....the verify DMI and Boot from CD should stay.
    >> peterk
    >> "George Griffiths" <georgeous@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> >I had to resort to re-installing windows xp and now when I start the
    >> >computer up it has the following:
    >> >
    >> > Hardware Monitor
    >> > Then it has the following lines (paraphrased)
    >> > CPU temp ......
    >> > System Fan ......
    >> > Verifying DMI Pool data
    >> > Boot from CD ...
    >> >
    >> > It stops for a second or two and then carries on as usual. Desktop is
    >> > normal. It worries me as I have never seen that before. Can anybody
    >> > tell
    >> > me why it would be there now and can I change the configuration
    >> > anywhere
    >> > or is it a warning???
    >> >
    >> > I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs. It would be
    >> > great if someone had an answer for me.
    >> >
    >> > George

    Hee hee, I like those answers. I forgot there are people emailing from all
    over the world, not just Canada Certified Data is actually manufactured by
    Lodon Drugs. Next time I phone them I am going to ask for a prescription
    for my sick computer. Thanks for the answers, I will check out the bios.

    "George Griffiths" <georgeous@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >I had to resort to re-installing windows xp and now when I start the
    >computer up it has the following:
    >
    > Hardware Monitor
    > Then it has the following lines (paraphrased)
    > CPU temp ......
    > System Fan ......
    > Verifying DMI Pool data
    > Boot from CD ...
    >
    > It stops for a second or two and then carries on as usual. Desktop is
    > normal. It worries me as I have never seen that before. Can anybody tell
    > me why it would be there now and can I change the configuration anywhere
    > or is it a warning???
    >
    > I have Windows XP on a Certified Data from London Drugs. It would be
    > great if someone had an answer for me.
    >
    > George

Hardware Windows XP