How to hide available games in mame

Hi,

I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
directories).
I guess this question has been asked before, I didn't find any answer yet.
Thanks for your help.
31 answers Last reply
More about hide games mame

    > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    > directories).

    1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.

    "Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
    > > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    > > directories).
    >
    > 1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    > 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    > 3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.

    Merci Romain

    "Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
    > > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    > > directories).
    >
    > 1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    > 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    > 3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.

    1 My ISP doesn't offer me any newsgroup that contains 'mame32' occurrence.
    2 I'm very surprised mame32 doesn't allow to filter available.
    3 Thank you for your help.

    gulian's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > "Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
    >> > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    >> > directories).
    >> 1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    >> 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    >> 3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.
    > 1 My ISP doesn't offer me any newsgroup that contains 'mame32' occurrence.
    > 2 I'm very surprised mame32 doesn't allow to filter available.
    > 3 Thank you for your help.

    1 Thats because there isnt a newsgroup specifically for MAME32. MAME32 is
    a offshoot of MAME that adds a GUI.
    2 Not many people have wanted such a thing
    3 Thats what we're here for

    Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1lskc$r8k
    $04$1@news.t-online.com:

    > 3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.

    4th of all some spyware programs such as Spyware Doctor and Acronis Privacy
    Suite Detect Clrmamepro as Spyware\Trojan.

    Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1lskc$r8k
    $04$1@news.t-online.com:

    > 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.

    But you should be able to....

    On 2005-03-21, AWS <no@no.no> wrote:
    > But you should be able to....

    Why?

    OG.

    > 4th of all some spyware programs such as Spyware Doctor and Acronis Privacy
    > Suite Detect Clrmamepro as Spyware\Trojan.

    Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.

    "AWS" <no@no.no> a écrit dans le message de news:423f3de0$0$27394$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
    > Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1lskc$r8k
    > $04$1@news.t-online.com:
    >
    > > 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    > >

    > But you should be able to....

    You mean a personal compiled version of the mame for windows 32bits?
    I wouldn't have started this thread if I began to learn how to do this

    "Olivier Galibert" <galibert@pobox.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > On 2005-03-21, AWS <no@no.no> wrote:
    > > But you should be able to....
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > OG.

    Tu voulais pas écrire "how" ?
    Afficher uniquement les roms non disponibles dans Mame32, savoir celles qui te manquent. Dans
    Mame32 on ne peut que cacher celles que l'on ne possède pas.

    Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1nfb1$fdo
    $01$1@news.t-online.com:

    > Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.

    You check it see if i am wrong.....

    Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com> wrote in

    > Why?

    Why not?
    Why have filters at all then??

    Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1nfb1$fdo
    $01$1@news.t-online.com:

    > Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.

    Do you want to see screenshots that prove it?
    Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?

    AWS wrote on 21. March 2005:

    >> most important, everyone doesn't
    >> care about them since only a few people know these apps by contrast
    >> with spybot & adaware.
    >>

    > I like to know if there are possible trojans on my machine so there goes
    > your everyone doesn't care theory.
    > Just because Spybot and Adware don't detect it doesn't mean it doesn't
    > contain the threats. Spybot and AdAware may not work properly... A trojan
    > may have been specifically coded not to show up in their scans.

    Yup. You cannot clean a compromized system to get it trustworthy
    again. If you are infected --> format C:.

    If you don't believe me, believe Microsoft:

    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx>

    > By Contrast More people know MS Windows XP too, it by default has built
    > in spyware, Spybot and Adaware doesn't detect \ can't remove either...

    That's "tolerated" spyware. Either people tolerate it, or just don't know
    about it.
    --
    By(e) Andreas

    gulian wrote:
    > "Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
    >
    >>>I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    >>>directories).
    >>
    >>1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    >>2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    >>3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.
    >

    > 1 My ISP doesn't offer me any newsgroup that contains 'mame32' occurrence.
    > 2 I'm very surprised mame32 doesn't allow to filter available.
    > 3 Thank you for your help.

    1. Though you might look hard
    2. No "Unavailables" shown.
    3. MAME doesn't do that

    <BUH-DUM>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    AWS wrote:
    > Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1nfb1$fdo
    > $01$1@news.t-online.com:
    >

    >>Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.
    >

    > Do you want to see screenshots that prove it?
    > Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?

    Hey! Roman has to make money /somehow/. <GBEG>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    "Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> a écrit dans le message de
    > AWS wrote:
    > > Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in
    > > news:d1nfb1$fdo $01$1@news.t-online.com:
    > >
    > >> Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.
    > >
    > > Do you want to see screenshots that prove it?
    > > Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?
    >
    > I think if there was any kind of malicious code in ClrMAMEPro you
    > wouldn't be the only one on the internet talking about it.
    >
    > Surely you didn't download it from Romans site. Maybe it was infected by
    > something else that is on your PC?
    >
    > -Sune

    He only wrote clrmamepro is on the detected list not that it contains malicious code.
    If he tells it why don't you just think he uses one of these anti spyware and tested it.

    "AWS" <no@no.no> a écrit dans le message de news:423f5d73$0$82746$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
    > Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Why?
    > >

    > Why not?
    > Why have filters at all then??

    what were you thinking about when you wrote we should be able to?
    Is it that you would like this feature too or an advice to add by your own the option and the
    checkbox ?

    "gulian" <personne@free.fr> wrote in

    > He only wrote clrmamepro is on the detected list not that it contains
    > malicious code.

    Yet if you actually did run it you wouldnt be able to "....... show them
    in ClrMamePro." as it would delete it by default.

    > If he tells it why don't you just think he uses one of
    > these anti spyware and tested it.

    They probably don't have any idea where to get it from. Google searching
    is just to hard for them to figure out.

    > most important, everyone doesn't
    > care about them since only a few people know these apps by contrast
    > with spybot & adaware.

    I like to know if there are possible trojans on my machine so there goes
    your everyone doesn't care theory.
    Just because Spybot and Adware don't detect it doesn't mean it doesn't
    contain the threats. Spybot and AdAware may not work properly... A trojan
    may have been specifically coded not to show up in their scans.

    By Contrast More people know MS Windows XP too, it by default has built
    in spyware, Spybot and Adaware doesn't detect \ can't remove either...

    AWS's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
    > Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com> wrote in
    >> Why?
    > Why not?
    > Why have filters at all then??

    Its something not commonly used so it'd be just more work for the MAMEdevs
    to do without any need (OG is a MAMEdev)

    "AWS" <no@no.no> a écrit dans le message de news:423f858f$0$29510$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
    > "gulian" <personne@free.fr> wrote in
    >
    > > He only wrote clrmamepro is on the detected list not that it contains
    > > malicious code.
    >
    > Yet if you actually did run it you wouldnt be able to "....... show them
    > in ClrMamePro." as it would delete it by default.
    >
    > > If he tells it why don't you just think he uses one of
    > > these anti spyware and tested it.
    >
    > They probably don't have any idea where to get it from. Google searching
    > is just to hard for them to figure out.
    >
    > > most important, everyone doesn't
    > > care about them since only a few people know these apps by contrast
    > > with spybot & adaware.
    > >

    > I like to know if there are possible trojans on my machine so there goes
    > your everyone doesn't care theory.
    > Just because Spybot and Adware don't detect it doesn't mean it doesn't
    > contain the threats. Spybot and AdAware may not work properly... A trojan
    > may have been specifically coded not to show up in their scans.
    >
    > By Contrast More people know MS Windows XP too, it by default has built
    > in spyware, Spybot and Adaware doesn't detect \ can't remove either...
    still looking for removing msn and xerox folders from program files ?

    Did you identify yet the precise spying activity from clrmamepro ?

    "gulian" <personne@free.fr> a écrit dans le message de

    > "Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
    > > > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the
    chosen
    > > > directories).
    > >
    > > 1st of all...you're talking about MAME32, not MAME.
    > > 2nd of all...You can't show unavailable ones in MAME32/MAME.
    > > 3rd of all...You can show them in ClrMamePro.
    >
    > Merci Romain

    So you're the Author...
    Great work. I like this useful utility. I'm discovering it.

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:32:46 +0100, gulian wrote:

    > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    > directories).

    Actually.... the reason there is no "unavailable" folder in MAME32 is
    because it's considered a lamer magnet, ie. it supports PokeRom attitudes
    where people can see exactly which ROMs they're still missing.
    I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that point of view, but it's what
    I've heard.

    Anyway, if you can figure out how to compile MAME32 for yourself then you
    can edit layout.c and add a "#define LAMER". This used to work, not sure if
    it still does.

    Hope this helps...
    Mike

    Mike's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:32:46 +0100, gulian wrote:
    >> I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    >> directories).
    > Actually.... the reason there is no "unavailable" folder in MAME32 is
    > because it's considered a lamer magnet, ie. it supports PokeRom attitudes
    > where people can see exactly which ROMs they're still missing.
    > I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that point of view, but it's what
    > I've heard.
    > Anyway, if you can figure out how to compile MAME32 for yourself then
    > you can edit layout.c and add a "#define LAMER". This used to work, not
    > sure if it still does.

    If you really want to see unavailable ones, just do a scan.

    AWS schrieb:
    > Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1nfb1$fdo
    > $01$1@news.t-online.com:
    >

    >>Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.
    >>

    > You check it see if i am wrong.....

    I checked it, you are wrong. Looks like your system is infected with
    something other.

    > Did you identify yet the precise spying activity from clrmamepro ?

    There is none.
    The isn't any send activity to the internet either. In fact the only
    time it does some internet activity is when you check for updates.
    Well...and that only does a http connection to clrmame.com on port 80
    and checks if an update is available. No data is sent at all.

    so...calm down...there is no activity at all.

    "Mike" <mdh@deadspam.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:32:46 +0100, gulian wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to display in MAME only the unavailables (the games I don't have in the chosen
    > > directories).
    >
    > Actually.... the reason there is no "unavailable" folder in MAME32 is
    > because it's considered a lamer magnet, ie. it supports PokeRom attitudes
    > where people can see exactly which ROMs they're still missing.
    > I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that point of view, but it's what
    > I've heard.
    >
    > Anyway, if you can figure out how to compile MAME32 for yourself then you
    > can edit layout.c and add a "#define LAMER". This used to work, not sure if
    > it still does.
    >
    > Hope this helps...
    > Mike

    This is the answer. Thanks for your intervention Mike

    Roman Scherzer schrieb:
    > I checked it, you are wrong. Looks like your system is infected with
    > something other.

    I've downloaded the tools you've mentioned, updated to the latest
    versions and nothing was found on my system. Besides I've listed the
    crc32 of my clrmame.exe on my homepage, maybe you should compare it. I
    assume it's a problem connected to your system.

    .... after inserting a credit, AWS <no@no.no> leaned forward and saw...
    >Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in news:d1nfb1$fdo
    >$01$1@news.t-online.com:
    >
    >> Bahaha...you smoked the weed that killed Elvis.
    >
    >Do you want to see screenshots that prove it?

    I think your screenshots may prove that the ClrMAMEPro executable is
    infected with a virus. It doesn't necessarily imply that it was
    originally coded that way.

    >Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?

    See above...
    --
    "The people seemed so close
    So many other names.

    > I think your screenshots may prove that the ClrMAMEPro executable is
    > infected with a virus. It doesn't necessarily imply that it was
    > originally coded that way.

    The original crc32 is mentioned on my page...and I rechecked it with the
    tools he tried. Nothing. I'm aware of false-positive matching of spyware
    and (esp. McAfee) Virusscanners. But...it's clean ;) Trust me..hehe

    >> Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?

    To get detailed information about your bankaccount, amazon passwords,
    creditcarddetails and yeah....which pornsites you visited lately...

    Tada

    Roman Scherzer wrote:
    >> I think your screenshots may prove that the ClrMAMEPro executable is
    >> infected with a virus. It doesn't necessarily imply that it was
    >> originally coded that way.
    >

    > The original crc32 is mentioned on my page...and I rechecked it with the
    > tools he tried. Nothing. I'm aware of false-positive matching of spyware
    > and (esp. McAfee) Virusscanners. But...it's clean ;) Trust me..hehe
    >
    >>> Why did you did you include a Trojan in it anyway?
    >

    > To get detailed information about your bankaccount, amazon passwords,
    > creditcarddetails and yeah....which pornsites you visited lately...
    >
    > Tada

    <AHEM> Google: Results 1 - 50 of about 220,000 English pages for
    trojan OR virus OR spyware "false positives".

    'Nuff said!

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad