Updating bios via live update

I have no problem using live update to update my bios on my K8N Neo2
Platinum mb.

I tried it once, and it worked with no problem, so don't mind trying again.

I have my system overclocked, the time I did it before I loaded default
settings, flashed, then reset all my settings. Is it best to do it this way,
or can I just leave my settings intact and flash that way?

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 06:02:53 -0500, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

> I have no problem using live update to update my bios on my K8N Neo2
>Platinum mb.
>
>I tried it once, and it worked with no problem, so don't mind trying again.
>
>I have my system overclocked, the time I did it before I loaded default
>settings, flashed, then reset all my settings. Is it best to do it this way,
>or can I just leave my settings intact and flash that way?

Mine is OC'd too, but I always set it back to spec before a bios
flash. If the machine is stable then there's probably no issue with
leaving it OC'd for the flash, but since it only takes a couple of
minutes I figure better safe than sorry.

Doesn't the settings get reset to defaults after a bios flash?

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 06:02:53 -0500, "Don Burnette"
> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have no problem using live update to update my bios on my K8N Neo2
>>Platinum mb.
>>
>>I tried it once, and it worked with no problem, so don't mind trying
>>again.
>>
>>I have my system overclocked, the time I did it before I loaded default
>>settings, flashed, then reset all my settings. Is it best to do it this
>>way,
>>or can I just leave my settings intact and flash that way?
>
> Mine is OC'd too, but I always set it back to spec before a bios
> flash. If the machine is stable then there's probably no issue with
> leaving it OC'd for the flash, but since it only takes a couple of
> minutes I figure better safe than sorry.

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:12:05 -0700, "Ken Williams"
<REMOVE-THIS_kwillmech1972@yahoo.com_FOR-ANTI-SPAM> wrote:

>Doesn't the settings get reset to defaults after a bios flash?

Not necessarily. With my K8N Neo2 using the standard flash program,
no settings were changed on any flash I did until 1.9, then it changed
some things but left most the way they were. Some mobo mfgs.
configure their flash programs to revert to "optimized defaults". Some
recommend you clear the cmos after a flash. There is *no*
standardization, and you really don't know what to expect from flash
to flash, so it's best to make sure you have a record of your
settings, just in case.

>"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 06:02:53 -0500, "Don Burnette"
>> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have no problem using live update to update my bios on my K8N Neo2
>>>Platinum mb.
>>>
>>>I tried it once, and it worked with no problem, so don't mind trying
>>>again.
>>>
>>>I have my system overclocked, the time I did it before I loaded default
>>>settings, flashed, then reset all my settings. Is it best to do it this
>>>way,
>>>or can I just leave my settings intact and flash that way?
>>
>> Mine is OC'd too, but I always set it back to spec before a bios
>> flash. If the machine is stable then there's probably no issue with
>> leaving it OC'd for the flash, but since it only takes a couple of
>> minutes I figure better safe than sorry.

Thanks, I always wondered about that.