Help with a new build

I am in the process of building a new PC. I have ordered from Newegg a
motherboard:

MSI K8T Neo-V Socket 754 VIA K8T800 ATX AMD
Sempron processor: AMD Sempron 64 2600+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor

Rosewill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual
Channel Kit System Memory
ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK/450 Black Computer Case With Side Panel
Window -450W

First, Am I ok so far? Things have gotten so complicated the last few
years, I'm having a hard time understanding how to "match" things up well.

I built my present computer and have the hard drive, floppy, DVD recorder ,
CD recorder and monitor . Can I use my Nvidia GeForce card in this new
system? My present motherboard is an ABIT KT7a so the MSI motherboard is
set up different like the via 133. I guess I don't understand entirely the
difference in the new system compared to the old.
I would appreciate any help and suggestions that I will need to know---
other hardware I may need to buy. Do I need a heatsink for the Sempron?
Any other cautions or hints?
Thanks a million,
Al alanj77@verizon.net

If you're buying an OEM CPU then you will need to buy a heatsink and cooling
fan for it.

If you're buying a boxed AMD CPU it will include the heatsink and CPU
cooling fan in the package. The CPU cooling fan will already be mounted to
the heatsink. After installing the CPU, you will need to remove the
protective film from the heatsink's phase change thermal pad before
attaching the heatsink assembly to the motherboard's heatsink retention
mechanism. Make sure the heatsink is oriented properly in relation to the
CPU or you won't get proper heatsink-to-CPU heat spreader contact which will
lead to CPU overheating.

"Alan Johnston" <alanj77@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am in the process of building a new PC. I have ordered from Newegg a
> motherboard:
>
> MSI K8T Neo-V Socket 754 VIA K8T800 ATX AMD
> Sempron processor: AMD Sempron 64 2600+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor
>
> Rosewill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
> Dual
> Channel Kit System Memory
> ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK/450 Black Computer Case With Side Panel
> Window -450W
>
> First, Am I ok so far? Things have gotten so complicated the last few
> years, I'm having a hard time understanding how to "match" things up well.
>
> I built my present computer and have the hard drive, floppy, DVD recorder
> ,
> CD recorder and monitor . Can I use my Nvidia GeForce card in this new
> system? My present motherboard is an ABIT KT7a so the MSI motherboard is
> set up different like the via 133. I guess I don't understand entirely the
> difference in the new system compared to the old.
> I would appreciate any help and suggestions that I will need to know---
> other hardware I may need to buy. Do I need a heatsink for the Sempron?
> Any other cautions or hints?
> Thanks a million,
> Al alanj77@verizon.net

Thanks Homer!! The CPU IS retail, so I'll be sure to check if all is well
with the heatsink. Sounds like I'm not too bad off then in what I
purchased? How about the video card-- the Gforce 4?
Thanks for your help.

Al

"Homer J. Simpson" <hjsimpson@springfield.usa> wrote in message
> If you're buying an OEM CPU then you will need to buy a heatsink and
> cooling fan for it.
>
> If you're buying a boxed AMD CPU it will include the heatsink and CPU
> cooling fan in the package. The CPU cooling fan will already be mounted
> to the heatsink. After installing the CPU, you will need to remove the
> protective film from the heatsink's phase change thermal pad before
> attaching the heatsink assembly to the motherboard's heatsink retention
> mechanism. Make sure the heatsink is oriented properly in relation to the
> CPU or you won't get proper heatsink-to-CPU heat spreader contact which
> will lead to CPU overheating.
>
> "Alan Johnston" <alanj77@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I am in the process of building a new PC. I have ordered from Newegg a
>> motherboard:
>>
>> MSI K8T Neo-V Socket 754 VIA K8T800 ATX AMD
>> Sempron processor: AMD Sempron 64 2600+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor
>>
>> Rosewill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
>> Dual
>> Channel Kit System Memory
>> ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK/450 Black Computer Case With Side Panel
>> Window -450W
>>
>> First, Am I ok so far? Things have gotten so complicated the last few
>> years, I'm having a hard time understanding how to "match" things up
>> well.
>>
>> I built my present computer and have the hard drive, floppy, DVD recorder
>> ,
>> CD recorder and monitor . Can I use my Nvidia GeForce card in this new
>> system? My present motherboard is an ABIT KT7a so the MSI motherboard is
>> set up different like the via 133. I guess I don't understand entirely
>> the
>> difference in the new system compared to the old.
>> I would appreciate any help and suggestions that I will need to know---
>> other hardware I may need to buy. Do I need a heatsink for the Sempron?
>> Any other cautions or hints?
>> Thanks a million,
>> Al alanj77@verizon.net

The GeForce 4 card would be a 1.5 Volt card so it should meet the AGP 3.0
specificatons of the AGP slot on the motherboard.

> Thanks Homer!! The CPU IS retail, so I'll be sure to check if all is well
> with the heatsink. Sounds like I'm not too bad off then in what I
> purchased? How about the video card-- the Gforce 4?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Al
>
> "Homer J. Simpson" <hjsimpson@springfield.usa> wrote in message
>> If you're buying an OEM CPU then you will need to buy a heatsink and
>> cooling fan for it.
>>
>> If you're buying a boxed AMD CPU it will include the heatsink and CPU
>> cooling fan in the package. The CPU cooling fan will already be mounted
>> to the heatsink. After installing the CPU, you will need to remove the
>> protective film from the heatsink's phase change thermal pad before
>> attaching the heatsink assembly to the motherboard's heatsink retention
>> mechanism. Make sure the heatsink is oriented properly in relation to
>> the CPU or you won't get proper heatsink-to-CPU heat spreader contact
>> which will lead to CPU overheating.
>>
>> "Alan Johnston" <alanj77@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>I am in the process of building a new PC. I have ordered from Newegg a
>>> motherboard:
>>>
>>> MSI K8T Neo-V Socket 754 VIA K8T800 ATX AMD
>>> Sempron processor: AMD Sempron 64 2600+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor
>>>
>>> Rosewill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
>>> Dual
>>> Channel Kit System Memory
>>> ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK/450 Black Computer Case With Side Panel
>>> Window -450W
>>>
>>> First, Am I ok so far? Things have gotten so complicated the last few
>>> years, I'm having a hard time understanding how to "match" things up
>>> well.
>>>
>>> I built my present computer and have the hard drive, floppy, DVD
>>> recorder ,
>>> CD recorder and monitor . Can I use my Nvidia GeForce card in this new
>>> system? My present motherboard is an ABIT KT7a so the MSI motherboard
>>> is
>>> set up different like the via 133. I guess I don't understand entirely
>>> the
>>> difference in the new system compared to the old.
>>> I would appreciate any help and suggestions that I will need to know---
>>> other hardware I may need to buy. Do I need a heatsink for the Sempron?
>>> Any other cautions or hints?
>>> Thanks a million,
>>> Al alanj77@verizon.net

Super!! Thanks again. A few more bucks saved.