FastMAME vs MAME

My cab is running an 800mhz pc which handles most things but it can't
play Mortal Kombat or NBA Jam at full speed (both run at about 75-80%).
I'm going to try FastMAME for these games to see if it will make a
difference.

If FastMAME is faster than MAME, why wouldn't everyone only use
FastMAME? Is it because MAME has better compatibility, or that it
emulates the games more accurately?

Just wondering...

- Capn Stoobie.

"Capn Stoobie" <capnSAYNOTOSPAMstoobie@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> My cab is running an 800mhz pc which handles most things but it can't
> play Mortal Kombat or NBA Jam at full speed (both run at about 75-80%).
> I'm going to try FastMAME for these games to see if it will make a
> difference.
>
> If FastMAME is faster than MAME, why wouldn't everyone only use
> FastMAME? Is it because MAME has better compatibility, or that it
> emulates the games more accurately?
>
> Just wondering...
>
> - Capn Stoobie.

I'm not sure you will have a definitive answer here on "Is FastMAME 'better' than MAME".
Anyway if you wanna play fluently every working games, you will have to give up the idea to use
only MAME/FastMAME for all your arcades games.

I guess enough easily that compatibility or emulation accuracy between MAME/FastMAME has
nothing to do with your choice.

Maybe FastMAME uses more GPU capabilities...
I didn't test it and don't know yet any drawback.

Speed Disk is this slick little util that allocates a section of your
ram as a hard drive. I'll bet thats your answer. All it is, is a
suped up version of DOS's old RAM Drive. I load everything into it.
Best program I bought in years. If your into an alt... try...

http://lists.gpick.com/pages/RAM_Disks.htm

kvanover@firstam.com wrote:
> Speed Disk is this slick little util that allocates a section of your
> ram as a hard drive. I'll bet thats your answer. All it is, is a
> suped up version of DOS's old RAM Drive. I load everything into it.
> Best program I bought in years. If your into an alt... try...
>
> http://lists.gpick.com/pages/RAM_Disks.htm

While good advice is always appreciated here, /please/ quote the message
you are replying to. Thank you.

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad