Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Photo Paper Recommendations?

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Photo
  • Office
  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:39:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
them with a Canon s820 printer.

TIA,
Jim

More about : photo paper recommendations

July 8, 2004 5:39:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Z7cHc.11982$Ba3.8027@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...
> I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
> Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
> them with a Canon s820 printer.
>
> TIA,
> Jim
>

I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960, but I would
also like to get reactions about Staples since they are much more ubiquitous
in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 11:12:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've had very good results with Office Depot photo paper, but I haven't
tried any Staples paper. A better option for you might be to check out
www.redrivercatalog.com. They have a wide range of papers, the prices are
lower and the paper is excellent for use with Canon printers.
--
Ron Cohen

"Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:qYcHc.45811$JG5.995344@news20.bellglobal.com...
>
> "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:Z7cHc.11982$Ba3.8027@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...
> > I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper
Staples,
> > Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
> > them with a Canon s820 printer.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Jim
> >
>
> I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960, but I
would
> also like to get reactions about Staples since they are much more
ubiquitous
> in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.
>
>
>


---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.713 / Virus Database: 469 - Release Date: 6/30/2004
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 1:56:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this printer.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:t0hHc.691$Zu.462@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com
>> I've had very good results with Office Depot photo paper, but I
>> haven't tried any Staples paper. A better option for you might be to
>> check out www.redrivercatalog.com. They have a wide range of papers,
>> the prices are lower and the paper is excellent for use with Canon
>> printers. --
>> Ron Cohen
>>
>> "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> news:qYcHc.45811$JG5.995344@news20.bellglobal.com...
>>>
>>> "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> news:Z7cHc.11982$Ba3.8027@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...
>>>> I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper
>>>> Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I
>>>> would like to use them with a Canon s820 printer.
>>>>
>>>> TIA,
>>>> Jim
>>>>
>>>
>>> I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960,
>>> but I would also like to get reactions about Staples since they are
>>> much more ubiquitous in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---
>> AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>> Version: 6.0.713 / Virus Database: 469 - Release Date: 6/30/2004

--
Colonel Blip
colonel.blip@nospambigfoot.com
Remove "nospam" when replying.
__________________________________





-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
July 9, 2004 8:28:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about trying
the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you would
think that one would [hear] if it were any good..

"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:40eeb211$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com...
> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this printer.
>
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:34:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Billie Joe wrote:
> I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
> Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
> them with a Canon s820 printer.
>
> TIA,
> Jim
>
>
Canon i960 and Red River paper. This paper is great.
July 11, 2004 12:28:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:

>Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about trying
>the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you would
>think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
>
>"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
>news:40eeb211$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com...
>> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this printer.
>>
>

I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
trying it out for yourself.
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 5:24:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have tried Staples Premium Photo Paper but consistently get a blue cast on
my prints. I just tried Ilford's Smooth Gloss Paper from Sam's Club and the
photos are quite good. It is inexpensive at $24 for 100 sheets of 8.5x11.
In addition, you can download a color profile for the paper from Ilford. I
will be trying Red River paper next week.

Jim

"Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ul11f01pcuadq6rt6r9ingmbsk2m85e82l@4ax.com...
> "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about
trying
> >the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you
would
> >think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
> >
> >"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
> >news:40eeb211$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com...
> >> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this
printer.
> >>
> >
>
> I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
> than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
> paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
> by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
> I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
> fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
> trying it out for yourself.
July 12, 2004 12:40:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I'm going to be trying more paper types too. But I just tried another
photo on Staples and on Canon's own paper and couldn't tell the
difference. (Both were on the cool side).

"Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have tried Staples Premium Photo Paper but consistently get a blue cast on
>my prints. I just tried Ilford's Smooth Gloss Paper from Sam's Club and the
>photos are quite good. It is inexpensive at $24 for 100 sheets of 8.5x11.
>In addition, you can download a color profile for the paper from Ilford. I
>will be trying Red River paper next week.
>
>Jim
>
>"Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:ul11f01pcuadq6rt6r9ingmbsk2m85e82l@4ax.com...
>> "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about
>trying
>> >the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you
>would
>> >think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
>> >
>> >"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> >news:40eeb211$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com...
>> >> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this
>printer.
>> >>
>> >
>>
>> I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
>> than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
>> paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
>> by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
>> I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
>> fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
>> trying it out for yourself.
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 6:50:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I don't know where you reside, but I just wanted to mention that these
stores often use different suppliers in different countries, and also,
they will change suppliers based upon who has surplus product or market
forces.

For example, here in Canada Office Depot and Staples inkjet paper
products are often not the same as those sold in the US.

In general, big box stores do not manufacture the products. They either
buy product already produced for other markets, or they bring specs to
manufacturers and ask the product to approximate their requirements or
at least price point.

Art

Billie Joe wrote:

> I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
> Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
> them with a Canon s820 printer.
>
> TIA,
> Jim
>
>
!