Photo Paper Recommendations?

I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
them with a Canon s820 printer.

TIA,
Jim
9 answers Last reply
More about photo paper recommendations

    "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
    > Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
    > them with a Canon s820 printer.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jim

    I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960, but I would
    also like to get reactions about Staples since they are much more ubiquitous
    in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.

    I've had very good results with Office Depot photo paper, but I haven't
    tried any Staples paper. A better option for you might be to check out
    www.redrivercatalog.com. They have a wide range of papers, the prices are
    lower and the paper is excellent for use with Canon printers.
    --
    Ron Cohen

    "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message

    > "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper
    Staples,
    > > Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
    > > them with a Canon s820 printer.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > Jim
    > >

    > I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960, but I
    would
    > also like to get reactions about Staples since they are much more
    ubiquitous
    > in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.

    ---
    AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this printer.

    "Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> I've had very good results with Office Depot photo paper, but I
    >> haven't tried any Staples paper. A better option for you might be to
    >> check out www.redrivercatalog.com. They have a wide range of papers,
    >> the prices are lower and the paper is excellent for use with Canon
    >> printers. --
    >> Ron Cohen
    >>
    >> "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>> I have had decent result with Office Depot on the S900 and I960,
    >>> but I would also like to get reactions about Staples since they are
    >>> much more ubiquitous in these parts, and I'm starting to run low.
    >>>

    >> ---
    >> AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Colonel Blip
    colonel.blip@nospambigfoot.com
    Remove "nospam" when replying.

    Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about trying
    the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you would
    think that one would [hear] if it were any good..

    Billie Joe wrote:
    > I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
    > Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
    > them with a Canon s820 printer.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jim

    Canon i960 and Red River paper. This paper is great.

    "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about trying
    >the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you would
    >think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
    >
    >"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this printer.

    I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
    than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
    paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
    by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
    I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
    fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
    trying it out for yourself.

    I have tried Staples Premium Photo Paper but consistently get a blue cast on
    my prints. I just tried Ilford's Smooth Gloss Paper from Sam's Club and the
    photos are quite good. It is inexpensive at $24 for 100 sheets of 8.5x11.
    In addition, you can download a color profile for the paper from Ilford. I
    will be trying Red River paper next week.

    Jim

    "Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about
    trying
    > >the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you
    would
    > >think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
    > >
    > >"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > >> I've used Staples paper and it is a very poor performer with this
    printer.

    > I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
    > than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
    > paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
    > by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
    > I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
    > fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
    > trying it out for yourself.

    I'm going to be trying more paper types too. But I just tried another
    photo on Staples and on Canon's own paper and couldn't tell the
    difference. (Both were on the cool side).

    "Billie Joe" <alternate52@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >I have tried Staples Premium Photo Paper but consistently get a blue cast on
    >my prints. I just tried Ilford's Smooth Gloss Paper from Sam's Club and the
    >photos are quite good. It is inexpensive at $24 for 100 sheets of 8.5x11.
    >In addition, you can download a color profile for the paper from Ilford. I
    >will be trying Red River paper next week.
    >
    >Jim
    >
    >"Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Jasper" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Thanks for that. I've been wanting to know and have been leery about
    >trying
    >> >the brand because I have never read anything about it on here, and you
    >would
    >> >think that one would [hear] if it were any good..
    >> >
    >> >"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >printer.
    >> >>

    >> I've used Staples paper with a canon i9900 and the results are more
    >> than reasonable. I've printed the same photos on the equivalent canon
    >> paper "glossy photo paper". Unless you're examining them closely side
    >> by side you'd be hard pressed to decide which is "better". But then
    >> I'm not a professional and these are just personal photos taken for
    >> fun and not profit. Given the price of each, it's at least worth
    >> trying it out for yourself.

    I don't know where you reside, but I just wanted to mention that these
    stores often use different suppliers in different countries, and also,
    they will change suppliers based upon who has surplus product or market
    forces.

    For example, here in Canada Office Depot and Staples inkjet paper
    products are often not the same as those sold in the US.

    In general, big box stores do not manufacture the products. They either
    buy product already produced for other markets, or they bring specs to
    manufacturers and ask the product to approximate their requirements or
    at least price point.

    Art

    Billie Joe wrote:

    > I would like to hear some comments on the quality of photo paper Staples,
    > Office Max, and Office Depot. Any recommendations? I would like to use
    > them with a Canon s820 printer.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jim

Printers Photo Office Peripherals Product