Temporary File deletion problems

Wrote files to CD across a local network using XPs burner. When finished, the
computer announced that it could not delete temporary files because they were
in use by another programme...well, this isn't true. I've tried taking the
machine off the network, rebooting several times etc...

Any ideas?

When using Windows XP built-in CD burning software, the temporary files are
stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application
Data \Microsoft\CD Burning".(Replace username with the name of logged in
user)

Restart the computer in safe mode and delete any files in the "cd burning"
folder. Also perform chkdsk(check disk) on the C: drive.

Let us know if this helps.