Code 31 Error

I have been running xp and 98 in a dual boot configuration for a few years
now and have never had a problem but all the sudden on day my xp won't
recognize my NIC card, however my 98 does with no problems. I have tried to
uninstall and reinstall with no luck, reinstalling the driver does no good
either, one of my other computers is set the same way and I made sure that I
used the same driver. I have also tried changing PCI slots but no luck there
either. I know what you are going to say why don't you just do a system
restore, well I did no luck there either I have tried everything I can think
of Please someone help me!!!!

Probably Plug and play is disabled. Try to install the
driver manually. Additionally, there could be an IRQ conflict, which I doubt.

"Chad4359" wrote:

> I have been running xp and 98 in a dual boot configuration for a few years
> now and have never had a problem but all the sudden on day my xp won't
> recognize my NIC card, however my 98 does with no problems. I have tried to
> uninstall and reinstall with no luck, reinstalling the driver does no good
> either, one of my other computers is set the same way and I made sure that I
> used the same driver. I have also tried changing PCI slots but no luck there
> either. I know what you are going to say why don't you just do a system
> restore, well I did no luck there either I have tried everything I can think
> of Please someone help me!!!!

No tried that and I tried another card which caused a IRQ conflict. I have
manually installed the correct driver but still the same error message.