usb 2.0 problem

Hi,
On connecting a usb 2.0 device I get the message that a hi-speed device is
connected to non hi-speed port; clicking on the message, it lists the
available hi-speed ports.
I have a dell 8500 with 2 usb 2.0 ports running win xp pro (+sp2). The
device manager lists the intel 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller -
24CD. I tried uninstalling the Enhanced and Universal Host controllers and
rebooting, it did not help.
Any suggestions?

Thx

bar

Contact Dell or visit their support forum.

This is not a software issue concerning XP, but a hardware issue requiring
assistance from Dell.

"digrexion" wrote:

> Hi,
> On connecting a usb 2.0 device I get the message that a hi-speed device is
> connected to non hi-speed port; clicking on the message, it lists the
> available hi-speed ports.
> I have a dell 8500 with 2 usb 2.0 ports running win xp pro (+sp2). The
> device manager lists the intel 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller -
> 24CD. I tried uninstalling the Enhanced and Universal Host controllers and
> rebooting, it did not help.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thx

Hi,
No luck with Dell, over 2 hours on the phone and no soultion; no apparent
hardware failure in the diagnostic tests. Updated the dell notebook system
software, but that did not resolve the issue.
Any other suggestions?

Thx.

"BAR" wrote:

> Contact Dell or visit their support forum.
>
> This is not a software issue concerning XP, but a hardware issue requiring
> assistance from Dell.
>
> "digrexion" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > On connecting a usb 2.0 device I get the message that a hi-speed device is
> > connected to non hi-speed port; clicking on the message, it lists the
> > available hi-speed ports.
> > I have a dell 8500 with 2 usb 2.0 ports running win xp pro (+sp2). The
> > device manager lists the intel 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller -
> > 24CD. I tried uninstalling the Enhanced and Universal Host controllers and
> > rebooting, it did not help.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thx

Seen this before but on other hardware than Dells. You may have a USB
driver problem and you will need to remove all USB ports/root hub/hubs etc.
for the Device Mananger. After a reboot, XP should correctly re-detect the
USB cards and give you USB2.0 correctly.

"digrexion" <digrexion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> No luck with Dell, over 2 hours on the phone and no soultion; no apparent
> hardware failure in the diagnostic tests. Updated the dell notebook
> system
> software, but that did not resolve the issue.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thx.
>
> "BAR" wrote:
>
>> Contact Dell or visit their support forum.
>>
>> This is not a software issue concerning XP, but a hardware issue
>> requiring
>> assistance from Dell.
>>
>> "digrexion" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > On connecting a usb 2.0 device I get the message that a hi-speed
>> > device is
>> > connected to non hi-speed port; clicking on the message, it lists the
>> > available hi-speed ports.
>> > I have a dell 8500 with 2 usb 2.0 ports running win xp pro (+sp2).
>> > The
>> > device manager lists the intel 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 Enhanced Host
>> > Controller -
>> > 24CD. I tried uninstalling the Enhanced and Universal Host controllers
>> > and
>> > rebooting, it did not help.
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thx

Hi,
I have tried removing all USB ports/root hubs and rebooting .. that did
not help ... also updated my intel chipset drivers ... that did not work too.

Thx.