Toshiba is selling bad laptops

hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

I dont know what to do other than join them!

Regards,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
MCP

If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
| I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
freezeing at random
| times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba
send customers to
| repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
class action suite
| here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

| I dont know what to do other than join them!
|
| Regards,
| Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
| MCP

and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

> If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> | hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
> | I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
> freezeing at random
> | times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba
> send customers to
> | repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
> class action suite
> | here:
> |
> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
> |
> | I dont know what to do other than join them!
> |
> | Regards,
> | Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
> | MCP

just read what you said.

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:uKJRtUnLFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

in message
| > If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
in
| > message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > | hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
| > | I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
| > freezeing at random
| > | times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days.
Toshiba
| > send customers to
| > | repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
| > class action suite
| > | here:
| > |

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
| > |
| > | I dont know what to do other than join them!
| > |
| > | Regards,
| > | Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
| > | MCP
| > |
| > |

In article <eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
>hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
>I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
>times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
>repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
>here:
>http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
>
>I dont know what to do other than join them!
>
>Regards,
>Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
>MCP

The Authorized Toshiba repair centers I've done business with have
been great. (I managed several hundred Toshiba laptops out of NYC for
a couple years our Sales people were real rough on the equipment.)

If it's dead what do you have to lose? Find one on the Toshiba web
site and bring it in. How many years is it goint to take for that
court case to work out ?

You've got a year Toshiba warranty on that machine. get your money's
worth.

(You don't work for a class action lawyer by any chance, do you ?)

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

In article <uKJRtUnLFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
>and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?
>
>"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
>> If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

And why shouldn't the be ?

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

are you a toshiba employee??

> In article <eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
>>I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
>>times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
>>repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
>>here:
>>http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
>>
>>I dont know what to do other than join them!
>>
>>Regards,
>>Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
>>MCP
>>

> The Authorized Toshiba repair centers I've done business with have
> been great. (I managed several hundred Toshiba laptops out of NYC for
> a couple years our Sales people were real rough on the equipment.)
>
> If it's dead what do you have to lose? Find one on the Toshiba web
> site and bring it in. How many years is it goint to take for that
> court case to work out ?
>
> You've got a year Toshiba warranty on that machine. get your money's
> worth.
>
> (You don't work for a class action lawyer by any chance, do you ?)
>

> --
>
> a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
>
> Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Yes... they ae fixing them. The problem has existed since last year. Long
discussions at www.notebookforums.com It's a static problem. Mine doesn't
freeze... it just reboots.

And yes I also have an A75.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

Alejandro

Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all be
stemming from the 'static' problem..

Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a material
less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some users are
experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good situation
really..

Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
> to repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action
> suite here:
> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
>
> I dont know what to do other than join them!
>
> Regards,
> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
> MCP

I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they cannot
guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix it!!!!
That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems, I have
charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens. Also my
laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the cpu fan
is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are hidding
the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE computer
with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I am
poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.

>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP
>(Authorized Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me
>that they cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they
>try to fix it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have
>"static" problems, I have charged myself and then touched the speakers
>and nothing happens. Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the
>touch. extra dust in the cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20
>days ago. So I think the are hidding the real problem. Also I dont want
>to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE computer with les than a month of use,
>experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is
>their problem.

ESD susceptibility issues can cause hard failure later. Just because no
immediate failure is noticed, it does not mean that damage wasn't done.
There are ways to test this and most medical devices are required to go
through rigorous ESD testing. Many commercial manufactures also do this
testing to verify good product design. Many commercial manufacturers
don't do this ESD testing thus a problem can come after the product has
already been released to the general public.. Most people are clueless
when it comes to understanding ESD cause and affect. Your post is
indicates you are no exception..

Ben

Alejandro

Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the meantime,
by all means join any action group..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems, I
>have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens. Also
>my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the cpu
>fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are
>hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE
>computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I
>am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Alejandro
>>
>> Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
>> satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all
>> be stemming from the 'static' problem..
>>
>> Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a material
>> less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some users are
>> experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good situation
>> really..
>>
>> Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
>> meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
>>> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
>>> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
>>> to repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action
>>> suite here:
>>> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
>>>
>>> I dont know what to do other than join them!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
>>> MCP

if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?

> Alejandro
>
> Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
> in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
> meantime, by all means join any action group..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
>>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
>>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
>>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems,
>>I have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens.
>>Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the
>>cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are
>>hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE
>>computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem.
>>I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
>>

>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Alejandro
>>>
>>> Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
>>> satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all
>>> be stemming from the 'static' problem..
>>>
>>> Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a
>>> material less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some
>>> users are experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good
>>> situation really..
>>>
>>> Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
>>> meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>>
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>

>>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Because YOU asked.

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

wrote in message

getting a degree of
problems that could all

grilles with a
understand that some
tape.. not a good

good.. and in the
Center..

freezeing at random
Toshiba send
computers! There is a

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about ESD.
My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for more
than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard drive or
doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the laptop. It alse
restarts by itself at random times when iddle. Restarts, freezes, blue
screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C Machine_Check_Exception. those are my
simptoms. Could that be a result of ESD?

Thanks,
Alejandro.

> if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about
> ESD.
> My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for
> more than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard
> drive or doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the
> laptop. It alse restarts by itself at random times when iddle.
> Restarts, freezes, blue screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C
> Machine_Check_Exception. those are my simptoms. Could that be a result
> of ESD?
>
> Thanks,
> Alejandro.

Yes, of course it's possible. For more info about ESD go here:
http://www.esda.org/basics/part1.cfm and here:
http://www.esdjournal.com/

Ben

sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can help, not to
somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer service says.

> Because YOU asked.
>

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
> |
> | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
> in message
> | > Alejandro
> | >
> | > Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only
> option is to take it
> | > in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for
> you.. in the
> | > meantime, by all means join any action group..
> | >
> | > --
> | > Mike Hall
> | > MVP - Windows Shell/user
> | >
> | > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> | >

> | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
> in message
> ASP (Authorized
> me that they
> they try to fix
> "static" problems,
> nothing happens.
> extra dust in the
> So I think the are
> NEW and EXPENSIVE
> well KNOWN problem.

> getting a degree of
> problems that could all

> grilles with a
> understand that some
> tape.. not a good

> good.. and in the
> Center..

> in message
> freezeing at random
> Toshiba send
> computers! There is a
> | >>>>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

Alejandro
¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Alejandro
>>
>> Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
>> in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
>> meantime, by all means join any action group..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
>>>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
>>>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
>>>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems,
>>>I have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens.
>>>Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in
>>>the cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think
>>>the are hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and
>>>EXPENSIVE computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well
>>>KNOWN problem. I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
>>>

>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Jim

There appears to be some cultural misunderstanding here.. in the interests
of World Peace, I will back out gracefully.. I have gotten to the point
where I really don't care if his Toshiba notebook works or doesn't.. if it
is a hardware issue with Toshiba, he shouldn't be posting here anyway..

I even looked through some of the forums to try to get a handle on what is
happening with the silly notebooks before I answered.. if he wants to sit on
his notebook, I am not about to stop him.. :)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Because YOU asked.
>

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
> |
> | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
> in message
> | > Alejandro
> | >
> | > Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only
> option is to take it
> | > in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for
> you.. in the
> | > meantime, by all means join any action group..
> | >
> | > --
> | > Mike Hall
> | > MVP - Windows Shell/user
> | >
> | > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> | >

> | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
> in message
> ASP (Authorized
> me that they
> they try to fix
> "static" problems,
> nothing happens.
> extra dust in the
> So I think the are
> NEW and EXPENSIVE
> well KNOWN problem.

> getting a degree of
> problems that could all

> grilles with a
> understand that some
> tape.. not a good

> good.. and in the
> Center..

> in message
> freezeing at random
> Toshiba send
> computers! There is a
> | >>>>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

making reference to cultural diferences is no nice from you, I can see you
lack from objective arguments.

> Alejandro
> ¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches
>

> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
>>
>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Alejandro
>>>
>>> Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
>>> in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
>>> meantime, by all means join any action group..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>>
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>

>>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:u7xSI7oLFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can help, not to
> somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer service
> says.

First question:

What does this have to do with Windows or Microsoft?

Second question:

If they've given you a clearly designated answer and have a policy in place
then why not try it to see if it works?

Third question:

I own a number of Toshiba lappies though not that model. In fact, I'll ONLY
buy a Toshiba... Why? When they break (and any PC manufacturer will
eventually have problems) they've always fixed it without much hassle and
that means a lot to me. So, my question, if your car has a minor problem
(one that isn't going to kill you for instance) do you take it back to the
dealer or do you join a class action lawsuit?

Galen

Alejandro

For your information.. I have lived in the UK, France, Spain, the US and
Canada.. in all of those countries, I have always gotten along with people
regardless of their race, creed or culture..

I am one of the most UNRACIST people you will ever know, but I know when to
back off somebody who is determined not to understand me.. I tried to help
you, and in the background, did quite a lot of research on your problem..
for that, you replied "if it is my problem how come are you giving
opinions?"

You appear to have a lack of understanding re the English language.. I will
admit that English is quite a sloppy language in its way.. so maybe you
should take your problem to a newsgroup where you can understand and be
better understood..

This is not malicious advice..I am sure that you would tell me the same if I
were to try to resolve my problems in your mother tongue..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> making reference to cultural diferences is no nice from you, I can see you
> lack from objective arguments.
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Alejandro
>> ¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
>>>
>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Thanks for the links!

> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about
>> ESD.
>> My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for
>> more than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard
>> drive or doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the laptop.
>> It alse restarts by itself at random times when iddle. Restarts, freezes,
>> blue screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C Machine_Check_Exception. those are
>> my simptoms. Could that be a result of ESD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alejandro.
>
> Yes, of course it's possible. For more info about ESD go here:
> http://www.esda.org/basics/part1.cfm and here: http://www.esdjournal.com/
>
> Ben

This is a group effort, I saw your question and gave you the
answer to your question.

"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:u7xSI7oLFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can
help, not to
| somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer
service says.

in message
| > Because YOU asked.
| >

| > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
in
| > message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
| > |
| > | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>
wrote
| > in message

| > option is to take it
| > you.. in the

wrote
| > in message
to an
| > ASP (Authorized
told
| > me that they
after
| > they try to fix
have
| > "static" problems,
and
| > nothing happens.
touch.
| > extra dust in the
ago.
| > So I think the are
| > NEW and EXPENSIVE
| > well KNOWN problem.

| > getting a degree of
| > problems that could all

| > grilles with a
| > understand that some
| > tape.. not a good

no
| > good.. and in the
| > Center..

wrote
| > in message
and
| > freezeing at random
| > Toshiba send
| > computers! There is a

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

| > |
| > |

Some people take a defective product personally. Other
people are unable to use any product since they fail to use
it properly. Some products are very unforgiving, such as
explosives, other products, bubble gum for example are
pretty straight forward, but used improperly can still kill.
Computers may be the most complex machines of the age, and
they do require nearly perfect design, manufacture and
operation.

As you said, Toshiba does have repair stations and new
products always entail a learning curve at all stages of
design, production and marketing. The user also needs to
RTFM and take some responsibility both before and after a
purchase.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
message news:uLr17DpLFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

| > |