Toshiba is selling bad laptops

hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

I dont know what to do other than join them!

Regards,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
MCP
43 answers Last reply
More about toshiba selling laptops

    If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    | I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
    freezeing at random
    | times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba
    send customers to
    | repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
    class action suite
    | here:

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

    | I dont know what to do other than join them!
    |
    | Regards,
    | Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    | MCP

    and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

    > If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > | hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > | I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
    > freezeing at random
    > | times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba
    > send customers to
    > | repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
    > class action suite
    > | here:
    > |
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    > |
    > | I dont know what to do other than join them!
    > |
    > | Regards,
    > | Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > | MCP

    just read what you said.

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:uKJRtUnLFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

    in message
    | > If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
    in
    | > message news:eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | > | hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    | > | I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
    | > freezeing at random
    | > | times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days.
    Toshiba
    | > send customers to
    | > | repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
    | > class action suite
    | > | here:
    | > |

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    | > |
    | > | I dont know what to do other than join them!
    | > |
    | > | Regards,
    | > | Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    | > | MCP
    | > |
    | > |

    In article <eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    >I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    >times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
    >repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    >here:
    >http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >
    >I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >
    >Regards,
    >Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    >MCP

    The Authorized Toshiba repair centers I've done business with have
    been great. (I managed several hundred Toshiba laptops out of NYC for
    a couple years our Sales people were real rough on the equipment.)

    If it's dead what do you have to lose? Find one on the Toshiba web
    site and bring it in. How many years is it goint to take for that
    court case to work out ?

    You've got a year Toshiba warranty on that machine. get your money's
    worth.

    (You don't work for a class action lawyer by any chance, do you ?)

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    In article <uKJRtUnLFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
    Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?
    >
    >"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> If Toshiba is fixing them, what is your problem?

    And why shouldn't the be ?

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    are you a toshiba employee??

    > In article <eSk3ZKnLFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    > Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    >>I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    >>times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    >>repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    >>here:
    >>http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >>
    >>I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    >>MCP
    >>

    > The Authorized Toshiba repair centers I've done business with have
    > been great. (I managed several hundred Toshiba laptops out of NYC for
    > a couple years our Sales people were real rough on the equipment.)
    >
    > If it's dead what do you have to lose? Find one on the Toshiba web
    > site and bring it in. How many years is it goint to take for that
    > court case to work out ?
    >
    > You've got a year Toshiba warranty on that machine. get your money's
    > worth.
    >
    > (You don't work for a class action lawyer by any chance, do you ?)
    >

    > --
    >
    > a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
    >
    > Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    Yes... they ae fixing them. The problem has existed since last year. Long
    discussions at www.notebookforums.com It's a static problem. Mine doesn't
    freeze... it just reboots.

    And yes I also have an A75.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > and you know for sure that Toshiba is fixing them?

    Alejandro

    Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
    satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all be
    stemming from the 'static' problem..

    Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a material
    less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some users are
    experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good situation
    really..

    Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
    meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    > times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    > to repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action
    > suite here:
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >
    > I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > MCP

    I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
    Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they cannot
    guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix it!!!!
    That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems, I have
    charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens. Also my
    laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the cpu fan
    is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are hidding
    the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE computer
    with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I am
    poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.

    >I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP
    >(Authorized Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me
    >that they cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they
    >try to fix it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have
    >"static" problems, I have charged myself and then touched the speakers
    >and nothing happens. Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the
    >touch. extra dust in the cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20
    >days ago. So I think the are hidding the real problem. Also I dont want
    >to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE computer with les than a month of use,
    >experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is
    >their problem.

    ESD susceptibility issues can cause hard failure later. Just because no
    immediate failure is noticed, it does not mean that damage wasn't done.
    There are ways to test this and most medical devices are required to go
    through rigorous ESD testing. Many commercial manufactures also do this
    testing to verify good product design. Many commercial manufacturers
    don't do this ESD testing thus a problem can come after the product has
    already been released to the general public.. Most people are clueless
    when it comes to understanding ESD cause and affect. Your post is
    indicates you are no exception..

    Ben

    Alejandro

    Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
    in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the meantime,
    by all means join any action group..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
    >Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
    >cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
    >it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems, I
    >have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens. Also
    >my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the cpu
    >fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are
    >hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE
    >computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem. I
    >am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
    >

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Alejandro
    >>
    >> Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
    >> satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all
    >> be stemming from the 'static' problem..
    >>
    >> Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a material
    >> less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some users are
    >> experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good situation
    >> really..
    >>
    >> Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
    >> meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    >>> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    >>> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    >>> to repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action
    >>> suite here:
    >>> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >>>
    >>> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    >>> MCP

    if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?

    > Alejandro
    >
    > Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
    > in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
    > meantime, by all means join any action group..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
    >>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
    >>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
    >>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems,
    >>I have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens.
    >>Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the
    >>cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are
    >>hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE
    >>computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem.
    >>I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
    >>

    >> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Alejandro
    >>>
    >>> Some people are calling the Customer Service and getting a degree of
    >>> satisfaction.. the machines seem to have several problems that could all
    >>> be stemming from the 'static' problem..
    >>>
    >>> Toshiba service centres are replacing the speaker grilles with a
    >>> material less likely to cause this issue.. I also understand that some
    >>> users are experimenting with electrical insulation tape.. not a good
    >>> situation really..
    >>>
    >>> Harass Customer Service by PHONE.. e-mail will do no good.. and in the
    >>> meantime, take it to your nearest Toshiba Service Center..
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Hall
    >>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>>
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>>

    >>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Because YOU asked.

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

    wrote in message

    getting a degree of
    problems that could all

    grilles with a
    understand that some

    Center..

    Toshiba send
    computers! There is a

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about ESD.
    My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for more
    than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard drive or
    doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the laptop. It alse
    restarts by itself at random times when iddle. Restarts, freezes, blue
    screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C Machine_Check_Exception. those are my
    simptoms. Could that be a result of ESD?

    Thanks,
    Alejandro.

    "Ben Hogland" <benhogland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
    >>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
    >>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
    >>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems,
    >>I have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens.
    >>Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in the
    >>cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think the are
    >>hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and EXPENSIVE
    >>computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well KNOWN problem.
    >>I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
    >
    > ESD susceptibility issues can cause hard failure later. Just because no
    > immediate failure is noticed, it does not mean that damage wasn't done.
    > There are ways to test this and most medical devices are required to go
    > through rigorous ESD testing. Many commercial manufactures also do this
    > testing to verify good product design. Many commercial manufacturers don't
    > do this ESD testing thus a problem can come after the product has already
    > been released to the general public.. Most people are clueless when it
    > comes to understanding ESD cause and affect. Your post is indicates you
    > are no exception..
    >
    > Ben

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    > if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about
    > ESD.
    > My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for
    > more than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard
    > drive or doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the
    > laptop. It alse restarts by itself at random times when iddle.
    > Restarts, freezes, blue screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C
    > Machine_Check_Exception. those are my simptoms. Could that be a result
    > of ESD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alejandro.

    Yes, of course it's possible. For more info about ESD go here:
    http://www.esda.org/basics/part1.cfm and here:
    http://www.esdjournal.com/

    Ben
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can help, not to
    somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer service says.

    > Because YOU asked.
    >

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    > |
    > | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
    > in message
    > | > Alejandro
    > | >
    > | > Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only
    > option is to take it
    > | > in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for
    > you.. in the
    > | > meantime, by all means join any action group..
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Mike Hall
    > | > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    > | >
    > | > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > | >

    > | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
    > in message
    > ASP (Authorized
    > me that they
    > they try to fix
    > "static" problems,
    > nothing happens.
    > extra dust in the
    > So I think the are
    > NEW and EXPENSIVE
    > well KNOWN problem.

    > getting a degree of
    > problems that could all

    > grilles with a
    > understand that some
    > tape.. not a good

    > good.. and in the
    > Center..

    > in message
    > freezeing at random
    > Toshiba send
    > computers! There is a
    > | >>>>
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Alejandro
    ¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Alejandro
    >>
    >> Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
    >> in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
    >> meantime, by all means join any action group..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>I already "harrassed?" them by phone, they sent me to an ASP (Authorized
    >>>Service Provider). I called the nearest ASP and the told me that they
    >>>cannot guarantee that my laptop will work 100% OK after they try to fix
    >>>it!!!! That's inadmissible. Also my laptop doenst have "static" problems,
    >>>I have charged myself and then touched the speakers and nothing happens.
    >>>Also my laptop doesnt overheat, it is cool to the touch. extra dust in
    >>>the cpu fan is not possible, since I bought it 20 days ago. So I think
    >>>the are hidding the real problem. Also I dont want to repair a NEW and
    >>>EXPENSIVE computer with les than a month of use, experiencing a well
    >>>KNOWN problem. I am poor,Toshiba is rich, so is their problem.
    >>>

    >>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Jim

    There appears to be some cultural misunderstanding here.. in the interests
    of World Peace, I will back out gracefully.. I have gotten to the point
    where I really don't care if his Toshiba notebook works or doesn't.. if it
    is a hardware issue with Toshiba, he shouldn't be posting here anyway..

    I even looked through some of the forums to try to get a handle on what is
    happening with the silly notebooks before I answered.. if he wants to sit on
    his notebook, I am not about to stop him.. :)

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Because YOU asked.
    >

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    > |
    > | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
    > in message
    > | > Alejandro
    > | >
    > | > Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only
    > option is to take it
    > | > in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for
    > you.. in the
    > | > meantime, by all means join any action group..
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Mike Hall
    > | > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    > | >
    > | > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > | >

    > | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
    > in message
    > ASP (Authorized
    > me that they
    > they try to fix
    > "static" problems,
    > nothing happens.
    > extra dust in the
    > So I think the are
    > NEW and EXPENSIVE
    > well KNOWN problem.

    > getting a degree of
    > problems that could all

    > grilles with a
    > understand that some
    > tape.. not a good

    > good.. and in the
    > Center..

    > in message
    > freezeing at random
    > Toshiba send
    > computers! There is a
    > | >>>>
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    making reference to cultural diferences is no nice from you, I can see you
    lack from objective arguments.

    > Alejandro
    > ¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches
    >

    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    >>
    >> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Alejandro
    >>>
    >>> Presently, it is very much your problem.. your only option is to take it
    >>> in.. there is a chance that it may work out well for you.. in the
    >>> meantime, by all means join any action group..
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Hall
    >>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>>
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>>

    >>> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    In news:u7xSI7oLFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Alejandro Penate-Diaz <alexware69@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can help, not to
    > somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer service
    > says.

    First question:

    What does this have to do with Windows or Microsoft?

    Second question:

    If they've given you a clearly designated answer and have a policy in place
    then why not try it to see if it works?

    Third question:

    I own a number of Toshiba lappies though not that model. In fact, I'll ONLY
    buy a Toshiba... Why? When they break (and any PC manufacturer will
    eventually have problems) they've always fixed it without much hassle and
    that means a lot to me. So, my question, if your car has a minor problem
    (one that isn't going to kill you for instance) do you take it back to the
    dealer or do you join a class action lawsuit?

    Galen
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Alejandro

    For your information.. I have lived in the UK, France, Spain, the US and
    Canada.. in all of those countries, I have always gotten along with people
    regardless of their race, creed or culture..

    I am one of the most UNRACIST people you will ever know, but I know when to
    back off somebody who is determined not to understand me.. I tried to help
    you, and in the background, did quite a lot of research on your problem..
    for that, you replied "if it is my problem how come are you giving
    opinions?"

    You appear to have a lack of understanding re the English language.. I will
    admit that English is quite a sloppy language in its way.. so maybe you
    should take your problem to a newsgroup where you can understand and be
    better understood..

    This is not malicious advice..I am sure that you would tell me the same if I
    were to try to resolve my problems in your mother tongue..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > making reference to cultural diferences is no nice from you, I can see you
    > lack from objective arguments.
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Alejandro
    >> ¡Que tengas suerte! y tambien, Buenos noches
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    >>>
    >>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks for the links!

    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> if you please could bring some light so we can understand better about
    >> ESD.
    >> My laptop usually restarts by itself when using the DVD/CD drive for
    >> more than 30 minutes, for example when I am doing a backup of the hard
    >> drive or doing a system restore from the DVD that came with the laptop.
    >> It alse restarts by itself at random times when iddle. Restarts, freezes,
    >> blue screens with a STOP: 0x0000009C Machine_Check_Exception. those are
    >> my simptoms. Could that be a result of ESD?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Alejandro.
    >
    > Yes, of course it's possible. For more info about ESD go here:
    > http://www.esda.org/basics/part1.cfm and here: http://www.esdjournal.com/
    >
    > Ben

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    This is a group effort, I saw your question and gave you the
    answer to your question.

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:u7xSI7oLFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | sorry I didnt say your name, I asked to somebody who can
    help, not to
    | somebody that says the same things that Toshiba's customer
    service says.

    in message
    | > Because YOU asked.
    | >

    | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
    in
    | > message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | > | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    | > |
    | > | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>
    wrote
    | > in message

    | > option is to take it
    | > you.. in the

    | > in message
    | > ASP (Authorized
    | > me that they
    | > they try to fix
    | > "static" problems,
    | > nothing happens.
    | > extra dust in the
    | > So I think the are
    | > NEW and EXPENSIVE
    | > well KNOWN problem.

    | > getting a degree of
    | > problems that could all

    | > grilles with a
    | > understand that some
    | > tape.. not a good

    | > good.. and in the
    | > Center..

    | > in message
    | > freezeing at random
    | > Toshiba send
    | > computers! There is a

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

    | > |
    | > |

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Some people take a defective product personally. Other
    people are unable to use any product since they fail to use
    it properly. Some products are very unforgiving, such as
    explosives, other products, bubble gum for example are
    pretty straight forward, but used improperly can still kill.
    Computers may be the most complex machines of the age, and
    they do require nearly perfect design, manufacture and
    operation.

    As you said, Toshiba does have repair stations and new
    products always entail a learning curve at all stages of
    design, production and marketing. The user also needs to
    RTFM and take some responsibility both before and after a
    purchase.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    message news:uLr17DpLFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    | Jim
    |
    | There appears to be some cultural misunderstanding here..
    in the interests
    | of World Peace, I will back out gracefully.. I have gotten
    to the point
    | where I really don't care if his Toshiba notebook works or
    doesn't.. if it
    | is a hardware issue with Toshiba, he shouldn't be posting
    here anyway..

    | I even looked through some of the forums to try to get a
    handle on what is
    | happening with the silly notebooks before I answered.. if
    he wants to sit on
    | his notebook, I am not about to stop him.. :)
    |
    | --
    | Mike Hall
    | MVP - Windows Shell/user
    |
    | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    in message
    | > Because YOU asked.
    | >

    | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <alexware69@hotmail.com> wrote
    in
    | > message news:%23dfbnsoLFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | > | if it is my problem how come are you giving opinions?
    | > |
    | > | "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>
    wrote
    | > in message

    | > option is to take it
    | > you.. in the

    | > in message
    | > ASP (Authorized
    | > me that they
    | > they try to fix
    | > "static" problems,
    | > nothing happens.
    | > extra dust in the
    | > So I think the are
    | > NEW and EXPENSIVE
    | > well KNOWN problem.

    | > getting a degree of
    | > problems that could all

    | > grilles with a
    | > understand that some
    | > tape.. not a good

    | > good.. and in the
    | > Center..

    | > in message
    | > freezeing at random
    | > Toshiba send
    | > computers! There is a

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

    | > |
    | > |

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    BestBuy has a published return policy that varies by
    category, they will refund or exchange some things at 30
    days, no questions asked. Their policy on laptops is 14
    days...
    Policy for Computers, Monitors, Printers, Notebook
    Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras and Radar Detectors:
    Return items with a valid receipt, the original package and
    all package contents within 14 days for a refund or
    exchange. A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns
    and exchanges of any opened notebook computer, camcorder,
    digital camera or radar detector, unless defective.
    Note the last part "unless defective. You can return
    defective items. Have you ever wondered about the
    "refurbished" computers sold Tiger Direct or even HP and
    Dell on their web sites? These are returned items that
    cannot be resold as new. If you buy a computer and take the
    unopened box out the door and walk back in two minutes to
    exchange or get a refund the unopened box cannot be legally
    returned to the shelf as "new" but must be described as
    previously sold, the price break can be zero or substantial.
    But the item will carry whatever warranty the seller lists.

    Most state laws establish legal requirements for defective
    products. Uniform Commercial Code applies in the USA.

    The typical user buys a new item, unpacks it and throws all
    the boxes, papers and CD sleeves away (judging by the
    questions asked about installing software) so refunds,
    exchanges and returns become harder to do.

    "jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
    | Hi Jim,
    |
    | The OP also has to realise, Toshiba is not responsible in
    replacing his
    | notebook, they are only required to repair it. The place
    he bought the
    | Notebook is responsible for replacing it. Unfortunately,
    he purchased it at
    | a place with a very short return policy. He just need to
    take it to a
    | Toshiba repair center and let the warranty do its job. I
    have been told
    | Toshiba has one of the best repair services, I fortunately
    haven`t had need
    | of their services.
    |
    | Jeff

    in message
    | > Some people take a defective product personally. Other
    | > people are unable to use any product since they fail to
    use
    | > it properly. Some products are very unforgiving, such
    as
    | > explosives, other products, bubble gum for example are
    | > pretty straight forward, but used improperly can still
    kill.
    | > Computers may be the most complex machines of the age,
    and
    | > they do require nearly perfect design, manufacture and
    | > operation.
    | >
    | > As you said, Toshiba does have repair stations and new
    | > products always entail a learning curve at all stages of
    | > design, production and marketing. The user also needs
    | > RTFM and take some responsibility both before and after
    | > purchase.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
    in
    | > message news:uLr17DpLFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    | > | Jim
    | > |
    | > | There appears to be some cultural misunderstanding
    here..
    | > in the interests
    | > | of World Peace, I will back out gracefully.. I have
    gotten
    | > to the point
    | > | where I really don't care if his Toshiba notebook
    works or
    | > doesn't.. if it
    | > | is a hardware issue with Toshiba, he shouldn't be
    posting
    | > here anyway..
    | > |
    | > | I even looked through some of the forums to try to get
    | > handle on what is
    | > | happening with the silly notebooks before I answered..
    if
    | > he wants to sit on
    | > | his notebook, I am not about to stop him.. :)
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Mike Hall
    | > | MVP - Windows Shell/user
    | > |
    | > | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote
    | > in message

    | > in
    opinions?
    | > | > |

    <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>

    <alexware69@hotmail.com>
    | > wrote
    itself
    | > and

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    well, he was doing this (mentioned in the cnet forum):
    After you have sent an e-mail to toshibaproblems@hotmail.com start to
    get the word out. By posting on forums, newsgroups, mailing lists,
    Websites, News/radio, Friends, Family, really any means possible just
    get the word out of what we are doing. Just copy and paste this message
    to spread the word.
    So ignore the uncomfortable messages.
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Enough already!

    Manufacturers like IBM, Compaq and Toshiba have been in the business of
    selling Laptops for so many years and occasionally a design fault gets
    through to the real world.

    How they deal with it is up to their Service and Marketing Departments.

    Under their warranty Terms and Conditions, they are generally obliged to FIX
    any faults which may arise during use of the product. If the fault is of a
    significant nature [generally cost to repair determines this] they will
    replace the unit.

    An alert has been posted in this Hardware forum, but is it really necessary
    to discuss the Pros, Cons etc of this post ad nauseum.

    If a person who reads your warning chooses to buy the Toshiba, so 'On their
    Head Be It'.

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:

    > hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    > times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
    > repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    > here:
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >
    > I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > MCP

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Yep, doesn't matter where you live, the buyer of a product
    probably did not investigate their rights and
    responsibilities BEFORE the purchase.
    And you're exactly right, Toshiba owes Best Buy, Best Buy
    owes the retail buyer. And only what is in writing can be
    enforced, a salesman's promise just doesn't hold water.

    | Hi Jim
    |
    | Its been a long while since I bought anything from a
    electronics store in
    | the states. I`ve been in Japan for the past 10 years.
    Still the fact is,
    | the OP beleives that Toshiba should replace the notebook
    instead of
    | repairing it. If he bought it directly from Toshiba, then
    they would be
    | responsible. But since he bought it from a retailer,
    Toshiba`s obligation
    | to that notebook is repairs only, not a full replacement.
    Its the retailers
    | responsibility to replace it. Almost like retail version
    of the OS versus
    | OEM.
    |
    | Jeff

    in message
    | > BestBuy has a published return policy that varies by
    | > category, they will refund or exchange some things at 30
    | > days, no questions asked. Their policy on laptops is 14
    | > days...
    | > Policy for Computers, Monitors, Printers, Notebook
    | > Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras and Radar
    Detectors:
    | > Return items with a valid receipt, the original package
    and
    | > all package contents within 14 days for a refund or
    | > exchange. A 15% restocking fee will be charged on
    returns
    | > and exchanges of any opened notebook computer,
    camcorder,
    | > digital camera or radar detector, unless defective.
    | > Note the last part "unless defective. You can return
    | > defective items. Have you ever wondered about the
    | > "refurbished" computers sold Tiger Direct or even HP and
    | > Dell on their web sites? These are returned items that
    | > cannot be resold as new. If you buy a computer and take
    the
    | > unopened box out the door and walk back in two minutes
    | > exchange or get a refund the unopened box cannot be
    legally
    | > returned to the shelf as "new" but must be described as
    | > previously sold, the price break can be zero or
    substantial.
    | > But the item will carry whatever warranty the seller
    lists.

    | > Most state laws establish legal requirements for
    defective
    | > products. Uniform Commercial Code applies in the USA.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > The typical user buys a new item, unpacks it and throws
    all
    | > the boxes, papers and CD sleeves away (judging by the
    | > questions asked about installing software) so refunds,
    | > exchanges and returns become harder to do.
    | >

    | > "jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
    | > | Hi Jim,
    | > |
    | > | The OP also has to realise, Toshiba is not responsible
    in
    | > replacing his
    | > | notebook, they are only required to repair it. The
    place
    | > he bought the
    | > | Notebook is responsible for replacing it.
    Unfortunately,
    | > he purchased it at
    | > | a place with a very short return policy. He just need
    | > take it to a
    | > | Toshiba repair center and let the warranty do its job.
    | > have been told
    | > | Toshiba has one of the best repair services, I
    fortunately
    | > haven`t had need
    | > | of their services.
    | > |
    | > | Jeff
    | > |
    | > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote
    | > in message
    Other
    | > use
    | > as
    | > kill.
    | > and

    stages of
    needs

    overcome.

    | > in
    | > | > |
    | > here..
    | > gotten
    | > works or
    | > posting
    | > | > |
    answered..
    | > if
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    | > wrote

    | > wrote
    | > opinions?
    | > | > | > |
    <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>

    <alexware69@hotmail.com>
    | > me
    | > the
    | > OK
    | > doenst
    | > speakers
    | > the
    | > days
    | > repair
    | > experiencing
    problem.

    | > <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>

    Service
    | > and
    | > several

    | > speaker
    | > also
    | > insulation

    | > do
    | > Service

    | > <alexware69@hotmail.com>

    | > model?
    | > itself
    | > days.

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Jim

    A salesperson's word doesn't hold anything, especially if he/she is working
    on a commission basis and will get fired unless he/she push the latest
    'overstock' items..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> [...]
    > | > exchange or get a refund the unopened box cannot be
    > legally
    > | > returned to the shelf as "new" but must be described as
    > | > previously sold, the price break can be zero or
    > substantial.
    > | > But the item will carry whatever warranty the seller
    > lists.
    > | >
    > | > Most state laws establish legal requirements for
    > defective
    > | > products. Uniform Commercial Code applies in the USA.
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > | > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > | >

    > | > The typical user buys a new item, unpacks it and throws
    > all
    > | > the boxes, papers and CD sleeves away (judging by the
    > | > questions asked about installing software) so refunds,
    > | > exchanges and returns become harder to do.

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Even written contracts may have problems, but as long as the
    company continues to be in business and if you have the
    money to sue, you might get repairs, replacement or even a
    refund. But a salesperson at most retail stores is usually
    ignorant of the product and the commercial contract laws.
    Some may even be crooks, but most are just ignorant and more
    concerned with making the sale.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    message news:uvFXI31LFHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | Jim
    |
    | A salesperson's word doesn't hold anything, especially if
    he/she is working
    | on a commission basis and will get fired unless he/she
    push the latest
    | 'overstock' items..
    |
    | --
    | Mike Hall
    | MVP - Windows Shell/user
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are not
    in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:

    > hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    > times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers to
    > repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    > here:
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >
    > I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > MCP

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Jim

    You must be a 'Staples' visitor too.. I always take a small pack of nuts in
    with me.. if you see a salesperson approach, just throw a couple of nuts
    behind them to keep them occupied while you browse.. :)

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Even written contracts may have problems, but as long as the
    > company continues to be in business and if you have the
    > money to sue, you might get repairs, replacement or even a
    > refund. But a salesperson at most retail stores is usually
    > ignorant of the product and the commercial contract laws.
    > Some may even be crooks, but most are just ignorant and more
    > concerned with making the sale.

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    > message news:uvFXI31LFHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > | Jim
    > |
    > | A salesperson's word doesn't hold anything, especially if
    > he/she is working
    > | on a commission basis and will get fired unless he/she
    > push the latest
    > | 'overstock' items..
    > |
    > | --
    > | Mike Hall
    > | MVP - Windows Shell/user

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I'll try that technique when I test keyboards.

    Modem Ani

    > Jim
    >
    > You must be a 'Staples' visitor too.. I always take a small pack of nuts
    in
    > with me.. if you see a salesperson approach, just throw a couple of nuts
    > behind them to keep them occupied while you browse.. :)
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    > > Even written contracts may have problems, but as long as the
    > > company continues to be in business and if you have the
    > > money to sue, you might get repairs, replacement or even a
    > > refund. But a salesperson at most retail stores is usually
    > > ignorant of the product and the commercial contract laws.
    > > Some may even be crooks, but most are just ignorant and more
    > > concerned with making the sale.
    > >

    > > --
    > > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > >

    > > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    > > message news:uvFXI31LFHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > > | Jim
    > > |
    > > | A salesperson's word doesn't hold anything, especially if
    > > he/she is working
    > > | on a commission basis and will get fired unless he/she
    > > push the latest
    > > | 'overstock' items..
    > > |
    > > | --
    > > | Mike Hall
    > > | MVP - Windows Shell/user

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    We don't have a Staples here in Wichita, but BestBuy or
    CompUSA and of course, the Office Depot/Max stores all
    generally have the same under-educated, over-paid tech and
    sales staffs.

    I have taken a few business law classes, so am perhaps a
    little more aware of the pitfalls.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    message news:ui8rFl8LFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    | Jim
    |
    | You must be a 'Staples' visitor too.. I always take a
    small pack of nuts in
    | with me.. if you see a salesperson approach, just throw a
    couple of nuts
    | behind them to keep them occupied while you browse.. :)
    |
    | --
    | Mike Hall
    | MVP - Windows Shell/user
    |
    | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    in message
    | > Even written contracts may have problems, but as long as
    the
    | > company continues to be in business and if you have the
    | > money to sue, you might get repairs, replacement or even
    | > refund. But a salesperson at most retail stores is
    usually
    | > ignorant of the product and the commercial contract
    laws.
    | > Some may even be crooks, but most are just ignorant and
    more
    | > concerned with making the sale.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote
    in
    | > message news:uvFXI31LFHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | > | Jim
    | > |
    | > | A salesperson's word doesn't hold anything, especially
    if
    | > he/she is working
    | > | on a commission basis and will get fired unless he/she
    | > push the latest
    | > | 'overstock' items..
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Mike Hall
    | > | MVP - Windows Shell/user

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    In article <OjeYNq9LFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    Jim Macklin <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote:
    >We don't have a Staples here in Wichita, but BestBuy or
    >CompUSA and of course, the Office Depot/Max stores all
    >generally have the same under-educated, over-paid tech and
    >sales staffs.
    >
    >I have taken a few business law classes, so am perhaps a
    >little more aware of the pitfalls.

    IMO, in general, laptops should be purchased directly from the
    manufacturer with the manufacturer's extended warranty. You get to
    choose from the full range of options and models. In a Big Box store
    you only see selected preconfigured models. And you don;t have to deal
    with that salesman.

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    thanks. did you get a new computer?

    "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are not
    > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer
    >
    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
    >
    >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    >> here:
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >>
    >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    >> MCP

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    of course

    "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:

    > thanks. did you get a new computer?
    >
    > "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are not
    > > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    > > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer
    > >
    > > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    > >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    > >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    > >> here:
    > >> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    > >>
    > >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > >> MCP

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer should ask about
    his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective customer fails to
    do that, and the store also fails to make the rights available, then so be
    it..

    We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we would like and
    what we get are to different things..

    As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way it is and join a
    group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed and join a group
    trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are not
    > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer
    >
    > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
    >
    >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    >> here:
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    >>
    >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    >> MCP

  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer should ask about
    > his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective customer fails to
    > do that, and the store also fails to make the rights available, then so be
    > it..
    >
    > We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we would like and
    > what we get are to different things..

    they know those computers are not in order and keep selling lots

    > As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way it is and join a
    > group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed and join a group
    > trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..

    wouldn't recommend that, a friend of mine have sent his three times to
    repairing centers. still having the same problem.
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are not
    > > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    > > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer
    > >
    > > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    > >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and freezeing at random
    > >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days. Toshiba send customers
    > >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a class action suite
    > >> here:
    > >> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188
    > >>
    > >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    > >> MCP

  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure a
    problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer should ask
    >> about
    >> his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective customer fails
    >> do that, and the store also fails to make the rights available, then so
    >> be
    >> it..
    >>
    >> We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we would like and
    >> what we get are to different things..
    >
    > they know those computers are not in order and keep selling lots
    >

    >> As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way it is and join
    >> group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed and join a group
    >> trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..
    >
    > wouldn't recommend that, a friend of mine have sent his three times to
    > repairing centers. still having the same problem.
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel. obviously they are
    >> >not
    >> > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about it ;-).
    >> > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new computer

  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Caveat Emptor

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    message news:OEmev79LFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer
    should ask about
    | his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective
    customer fails to
    | do that, and the store also fails to make the rights
    available, then so be
    | it..
    |
    | We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we
    would like and
    | what we get are to different things..
    |
    | As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way
    it is and join a
    | group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed
    and join a group
    | trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..
    |
    | --
    | Mike Hall
    | MVP - Windows Shell/user
    |
    | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    |

    | "anotherITguy" <anotherITguy@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message
    | >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel.
    obviously they are not
    | > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about
    it ;-).
    | > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new
    computer

    | > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
    | >
    | >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
    | >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
    freezeing at random
    | >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days.
    Toshiba send customers
    | >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
    class action suite
    | >> here:

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

    | >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
    | >>
    | >> Regards,
    | >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
    | >> MCP

  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    In message <O15m3V$LFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl> "Mike Hall
    \(MS-MVP\)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure a
    >problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

    Most definitely. And failure to take the manufacturer up on and offer
    to fix the problem will probably get the case tossed out of court should
    the you decide to go after the manufacturer.

    --
    News: CIVIL SERVANT STAYS AWAKE ALL SHIFT LONG
    "Man, I've really got to cut back on the caffeine" he says

    In news:O15m3V$LFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> had this to say:

    > I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure
    > a problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

    Speaking from a legal standpoint a claim against Toshiba for faulty hardware
    that they'd fixed prior to the claim would have a greater standing in court
    in America.You are correct Mike and this is something that the OP needs to
    realize. They're already out $XXXX and now if they join the lawsuit without
    opting to use the warranty while it's in place they'll get a broken laptop
    with $XX amount of recompense. That's it...

    Galen

Laptops Microsoft Toshiba Windows XP