HP Deskjet 932C

a b α HP
March 22, 2005 2:47:18 AM

I am having a hard time installing my HP Deskjet 932C. I bought this printer
in my Win 98 era days and am now trying to use it with XP Home SP2.

I've tried to install the normal way and safe mode and still does not work.
Installing the latest driver from HP does not work either.

When I try to install from the CD, it says "This driver is not supported on
Windows 2000."

I have also disabled XP firewall and still does not work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

More about : deskjet 932c

March 22, 2005 11:27:58 AM

Ron McGraw wrote:
> I am having a hard time installing my HP Deskjet 932C. I bought this printer
> in my Win 98 era days and am now trying to use it with XP Home SP2.
>
> I've tried to install the normal way and safe mode and still does not work.
> Installing the latest driver from HP does not work either.
>
> When I try to install from the CD, it says "This driver is not supported on
> Windows 2000."
>
> I have also disabled XP firewall and still does not work.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Try going to the following and download the XP drivers for your printer.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=...

hope that helps
March 22, 2005 1:39:24 PM

Ron McGraw wrote:
> I am having a hard time installing my HP Deskjet 932C. I bought this printer
> in my Win 98 era days and am now trying to use it with XP Home SP2.
>
> I've tried to install the normal way and safe mode and still does not work.
> Installing the latest driver from HP does not work either.
>
> When I try to install from the CD, it says "This driver is not supported on
> Windows 2000."
>
> I have also disabled XP firewall and still does not work.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Are you using the USB connection to the printer? If so HP has a write up
on how to clear the previous settings. You have to follow their
instructions on their trouble shooting site.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0511-1, 03/17/2005
Tested on: 3/22/2005 10:39:25 AM