Anyone got an AMD FX cpu?

I've been hearing that these cpus are damn fast and blow any speed Intel
out of the water.

Does anyone have one and what kind of frame rates do you get on the slow
mame games?

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

Alex Devlin's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I've been hearing that these cpus are damn fast and blow any speed Intel
> out of the water.
> Does anyone have one and what kind of frame rates do you get on the slow
> mame games?

I have a Athlon64, but not the FX, but I can still say the plain jane
AMD64's spank the P4's

Alex Devlin wrote:

> I think in a year or so I'll go for a new system and see what AMD
have out
> then. If anything, the FX will be down to a reasonable price and my
wife
> won't kill me!
>
> --
> Alex Devlin
>
> "Never knowingly understood."

I don't think the FX processors are ever going to come down in price
significantly. They're aimed at the far-too-rich section of the market,
and thier price will stay the same as their performance increases.

IMO the performance increase isn't worth the price. Compared to a 64
4000 you're getting about a 10% performance increase for a 100% price
increase. For most (all?) people, buying a proccessor one or two steps
down from the very fastest, and upgrading twice as often, would make
much better sense.

Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:eek:IK%d.752026$8l.375586
@pd7tw1no:

> Why not just pick up one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/6ax3k ) and get
> /Skatin'/!

Could ya lend me a few bucks? ;)

I'm tentatively (sp?) planning the FX as my next step. I've just bought a
P4 Prescott in the last 6 months and have had the high temps problem from
day one. Although now I'm 99% sure it's my motherboards temp probe that's
screwed.

Not only do I have to save for several months BUT ALSO justify spending
more on the FX cpu than I did on my entire system.