cd & dvd drives dissapeared.

Hi.

I have a dvd player & a cd burner fitted that have worked perfectly for ages.

Now when i boot up they seem to have gone ;o(

They dont show up in my computer..In properties it says ....A driver
(service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be
providing this functionality. (Code 32) ??? Anyone help ??

I have added no software or anything new ;o(

Thanks...

Thanks carey .. All ok now ;o))

Thank you...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>
> To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
>
> 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
> [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
>
> 2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> 5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
>
> 6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
> if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
> to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.
>
> 7. Restart your computer.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "MYK" wrote:
>
> | Hi.
> |
> | I have a dvd player & a cd burner fitted that have worked perfectly for ages.
> |
> | Now when i boot up they seem to have gone ;o(
> |
> | They dont show up in my computer..In properties it says ....A driver
> | (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be
> | providing this functionality. (Code 32) ??? Anyone help ??
> |
> | I have added no software or anything new ;o(
> |
> | Thanks...

TRENDING THREADS