Preventing VIA RAID during boot with a K8T Neo?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2005 3:59:12 PM

Morning!

Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a K8T
Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?

The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.

Thanks.

Rich
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 9:35:58 PM

uninstall the raid driver!!

"Richard Lewis" <funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote in message
> Morning!
>
> Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a
> K8T Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?
>
> The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
> need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 9:35:59 PM

Just turn it off in the Bios

"MInda" <d.minderovic@chello.nl> wrote in message
> uninstall the raid driver!!
>

> "Richard Lewis" <funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote in message
>> Morning!
>>
>> Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a
>> K8T Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?
>>
>> The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
>> need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Rich

a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2005 1:03:36 AM

"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message

> Just turn it off in the Bios

I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich
August 27, 2005 2:01:57 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
<funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:

>"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Just turn it off in the Bios
>
>I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
>
>Thanks
>
>Rich

I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
enter the raid bios.

OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....

You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
delete array.

HTH
Gollum
August 27, 2005 12:48:52 PM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:01:57 GMT, Gollum <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
><funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:
>
>>"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Just turn it off in the Bios
>>
>>I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Rich
>>
>I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
>when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
>enter the raid bios.
>
>OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....
>
>You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
>should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
>delete array.

OP not have an array, they want to stop the RAID BIOS popping up on
every boot, ideas? When one has a single SATA drive, it is annoying
to see the BIOS come up, tab into RAID BIOS and get a red flashing
warning 'cos only one drive.

Cheers
August 28, 2005 6:19:25 PM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:48:52 +1000, Grant <g_r_a_n_t_@dodo.com.au>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:01:57 GMT, Gollum <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
>><funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:
>>
>>>"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message

>>>I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Rich
>>>
>>I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
>>when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
>>enter the raid bios.
>>
>>OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....
>>
>>You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
>>should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
>>delete array.
>
>OP not have an array, they want to stop the RAID BIOS popping up on
>every boot, ideas? When one has a single SATA drive, it is annoying
>to see the BIOS come up, tab into RAID BIOS and get a red flashing
>warning 'cos only one drive.
>
>Cheers

Thanks, I understood what the OP wanted. It was my point that if the
raid is enabled in the raid bios, then it looks for one on boot even
if it is not there. If you disable the raid in the raid bios, then it
should not look for one.

I might be incorrect, but it's worth a try.

Gollum
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2005 9:58:37 PM

"Gollum" <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:48:52 +1000, Grant <g_r_a_n_t_@dodo.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I understood what the OP wanted. It was my point that if the
> raid is enabled in the raid bios, then it looks for one on boot even
> if it is not there. If you disable the raid in the raid bios, then it
> should not look for one.
>
> I might be incorrect, but it's worth a try.

Unless you've got more than one SATA drive connected you're unable to make
any alterations in the RAID BIOS.

Rich
!