Preventing VIA RAID during boot with a K8T Neo?

Morning!

Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a K8T
Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?

The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.

Thanks.

Rich
7 answers Last reply
More about preventing raid boot

    uninstall the raid driver!!

    "Richard Lewis" <funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote in message
    > Morning!
    >
    > Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a
    > K8T Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?
    >
    > The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
    > need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rich

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Just turn it off in the Bios

    "MInda" <d.minderovic@chello.nl> wrote in message
    > uninstall the raid driver!!
    >

    > "Richard Lewis" <funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote in message
    >> Morning!
    >>
    >> Is there a way to stop the VIA controller looking for RAID devices on a
    >> K8T Neo MS-6702 VER 1.0 board?
    >>
    >> The system has a single SATA connected to the VIA controller and I don't
    >> need it to tell me there's no array found on each boot.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Rich

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message

    > Just turn it off in the Bios

    I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?

    Thanks

    Rich
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
    <funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:

    >"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just turn it off in the Bios
    >
    >I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Rich

    I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
    when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
    enter the raid bios.

    OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....

    You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
    should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
    delete array.

    HTH
    Gollum
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:01:57 GMT, Gollum <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote:

    >On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
    ><funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:
    >
    >>"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Just turn it off in the Bios
    >>
    >>I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Rich
    >>
    >I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
    >when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
    >enter the raid bios.
    >
    >OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....
    >
    >You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
    >should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
    >delete array.

    OP not have an array, they want to stop the RAID BIOS popping up on
    every boot, ideas? When one has a single SATA drive, it is annoying
    to see the BIOS come up, tab into RAID BIOS and get a red flashing
    warning 'cos only one drive.

    Cheers
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:48:52 +1000, Grant <g_r_a_n_t_@dodo.com.au>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:01:57 GMT, Gollum <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:36 +0100, "Richard Lewis"
    >><funkyt@TAKEOUTjumpy.it> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"carson McAloney" <carsonbm@alltel.net> wrote in message

    >>>I've looked but can't see it - any ideas please?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Rich
    >>>
    >>I am not familiar with this particular moterboard but on other mb's,
    >>when the raid bios trys to load there is usually a key to press to
    >>enter the raid bios.
    >>
    >>OK, I looked on the MSI website and.....
    >>
    >>You should have the Via vt8237 raid. As it boots press tab. This
    >>should get you into the Sata Raid BIOS. You should have a choice to
    >>delete array.
    >
    >OP not have an array, they want to stop the RAID BIOS popping up on
    >every boot, ideas? When one has a single SATA drive, it is annoying
    >to see the BIOS come up, tab into RAID BIOS and get a red flashing
    >warning 'cos only one drive.
    >
    >Cheers

    Thanks, I understood what the OP wanted. It was my point that if the
    raid is enabled in the raid bios, then it looks for one on boot even
    if it is not there. If you disable the raid in the raid bios, then it
    should not look for one.

    I might be incorrect, but it's worth a try.

    Gollum
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Gollum" <Gollum@pretty.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:48:52 +1000, Grant <g_r_a_n_t_@dodo.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Thanks, I understood what the OP wanted. It was my point that if the
    > raid is enabled in the raid bios, then it looks for one on boot even
    > if it is not there. If you disable the raid in the raid bios, then it
    > should not look for one.
    >
    > I might be incorrect, but it's worth a try.

    Unless you've got more than one SATA drive connected you're unable to make
    any alterations in the RAID BIOS.

    Rich

MSI-Microstar NAS / RAID Controller Boot Motherboards