Computer reboot without reason

Hi,
I have a brand new Hp Micro Tower computer.

it reboot by itself twice a day with this error:

"L'ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d'erreur.
La vérification d'erreur était : 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). Un vidage a été
enregistré dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp."

I suppose my answer is in the mini-dump, but with what
should i open it? my guess is may be a RAM problem but i
don't have any other by the hand to try...

any one can help me?

peter

Hi,

Since it is a brand new PC, I would suggest you to call HP support directly.
Get a replacement if it cannot be fixed.

I think you are French and you may want to see this forum:
http://forum.zebulon.fr/lofiversion/index.php/t17887.html

Peter

"Guillaume Genest" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a brand new Hp Micro Tower computer.
>
> it reboot by itself twice a day with this error:
>
> "L'ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d'erreur.
> La vérification d'erreur était : 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
> 0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). Un vidage a été
> enregistré dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp."
>
> I suppose my answer is in the mini-dump, but with what
> should i open it? my guess is may be a RAM problem but i
> don't have any other by the hand to try...
>
> any one can help me?

You can analyze the dumps files using Windows debugging tools(to be honest,
I do not know how to use these):

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

Windows XP has this feature to reboot the computer whenever an error occurs.
You can turn off this feature by right clicking my computer> properties >
advanced > startup and recovery and uncheck the "Automatically restart" box.

The causes of this issue may be excessive CPU overheating, outdated
graphics/sound drivers, faulty RAM chip etc.

"Guillaume Genest" <Guillaume.Genest@qc.teknion.com> wrote in message
Hi,
I have a brand new Hp Micro Tower computer.

it reboot by itself twice a day with this error:

"L'ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d'erreur.
La vérification d'erreur était : 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). Un vidage a été
enregistré dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp."

I suppose my answer is in the mini-dump, but with what
should i open it? my guess is may be a RAM problem but i
don't have any other by the hand to try...

any one can help me?

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I found the error information is non-English as following: "L'ordinateur a
red¨¦marr¨¦ apr¨¨s une v¨¦rification d'erreur. La v¨¦rification d'erreur
¨¦tait : 0x0000004e (0x0000008f, 0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). Un
vidage a ¨¦t¨¦ enregistr¨¦ dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp."

I suggest you contact the local PSS or newsgroup. Currently we offer
Partner newsgroups in the following languages:

English - http://members.microsoft.com/partner/newsgroups/default.aspx
Simplified Chinese - : http://www.mspartnersupport.com Traditional Chinese
- http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/community
Japanese
-http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=JPN_DA&sLCID=jp
German
-http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Germany_PSS_VAP
&slcid=de
Spanish - visit
http://www.microsoft.com/spain/partner/soporte/gruposnoticias/default.asp
for instructions to access Spanish partner newsgroups Portuguese -
http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/parceiros/sup/for/default.aspx for
instructions to access Portuguese partner newsgroups Greek -
http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/partner/default.asp for instructions to
access Greek partner newsgroups.

If you are posting in a language that is not listed here, please visit
www.microsoft.com/partner and click on the Worldwide Sites link to find the
appropriate resources for your language.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks & Regards

Amanda Wang[MSFT]

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

peter

Hi,

I think it is written in French.
Pls see below link:

"Amanda Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your post.
>
> I found the error information is non-English as following: "L'ordinateur a
> red¨¦marr¨¦ apr¨¨s une v¨¦rification d'erreur. La v¨¦rification d'erreur
> ¨¦tait : 0x0000004e (0x0000008f, 0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). Un
> vidage a ¨¦t¨¦ enregistr¨¦ dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp."
>
> I suggest you contact the local PSS or newsgroup. Currently we offer
> Partner newsgroups in the following languages:
>
> English - http://members.microsoft.com/partner/newsgroups/default.aspx
> Simplified Chinese - : http://www.mspartnersupport.com Traditional Chinese
> - http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/community
> Japanese
> -http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=JPN_DA&sLCID=jp
> German
> -http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Germany_PSS_VAP
> &slcid=de
> Spanish - visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/spain/partner/soporte/gruposnoticias/default.asp
> for instructions to access Spanish partner newsgroups Portuguese -
> http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/parceiros/sup/for/default.aspx for
> instructions to access Portuguese partner newsgroups Greek -
> http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/partner/default.asp for instructions to
> access Greek partner newsgroups.
>
> If you are posting in a language that is not listed here, please visit
> www.microsoft.com/partner and click on the Worldwide Sites link to find the
> appropriate resources for your language.
>
> Thanks for your understanding.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Amanda Wang[MSFT]
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

Hi,
I will translate the error message for you:

"The Computer has rebooted after an error verification,
the error verification was: 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). A memory dump has
been save in "C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp""

I will try to exchange RAM because that is Kingston RAM
and if i call HP they will tell me that its because i
don't use HP RAM.... SO i'll make sure the problem is
still here with HP RAM.

Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your information and sharing.

Thanks & Regards

Amanda Wang[MSFT]

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

peter

Amanda,

You are welcome.

Peter

"Amanda Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your information and sharing.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Amanda Wang[MSFT]
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

peter

Hi,

Have you added ram to the HP PC?
If yes, make sure you are using the same spec (preferable for same brand and
model). Mixed ram sticks always cause troubles even the spec are the same.
For example, the spec of a Kingston PC3200 may not fully matched with other
PC3200 of different brand/manfacturer.
If you are only using the new ram sticks, make sure the mobo can support
this kind of ram.

Pls post back with more info so that someone can help you.

Peter

Peter

"Guillaume Genest" wrote:

> Hi,
> I will translate the error message for you:
>
> "The Computer has rebooted after an error verification,
> the error verification was: 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
> 0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). A memory dump has
> been save in "C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp""
>
> I will try to exchange RAM because that is Kingston RAM
> and if i call HP they will tell me that its because i
> don't use HP RAM.... SO i'll make sure the problem is
> still here with HP RAM.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Guillaume,

Can you send me the minidump and I'll look at it for you? I might need
you to enable another diagnostic tool if it doesn't contain useful info but
let me look at it first. Take the 'online' portion out of my email.

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

Hi,
I will translate the error message for you:

"The Computer has rebooted after an error verification,
the error verification was: 0x0000004e (0x0000008f,
0x00034fd0, 0x0002ec30, 0x00000000). A memory dump has
been save in "C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp""

I will try to exchange RAM because that is Kingston RAM
and if i call HP they will tell me that its because i
don't use HP RAM.... SO i'll make sure the problem is
still here with HP RAM.

Thanks!

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your translation.

Based on the error information and I have searched on our database about
this error, it said as following:

Cause: this behavior can occur when the random-access memory (RAM) on your
computer has become corrupt.

Resoluation: To resolve this behavior, replace the RAM on your computer.

Just as Peter said, it maybe caused by mixed RAM sticks or the spec
incompatible RAM. You can try to change another to check at your
convenience.

Meanwhile, the error information mentioned that there is a dump file has
been created under C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032205-02.dmp. Therefore, the
dmp file need to perform debug and it is recommended that you contact
Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated
Support Professional can assist you. Please be advised that contacting
phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.

Meanwhile, you still can post back if there is any update on this issue and
you can get more information from the others who has experienced the same
issue.

Thanks for understanding.