Toshiba 1800 Help!!

G

i have a toshiba 1800 , 14.1 tft, 256mb ram(240 coz 16 is video used)cyberblade graphics, 15gb hdd and winxp..
and a few probs.. im happy with my purchase but interested in if i can update any parts in future, can i add ram as 128 was added when i purchases, and what bout hdd? and i spose nothing can be done bout the appaling cyberblade !! hehee , anyway help would be cool coz i cant use a lot of my old software coz of certain resolutions the cyberblade/winxp combo doesnt seem 2 like! and the 15gb hdd came down 2 10 quickly with xp installed.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
You can always upgrade to a larger harddrive, or get an external or PCMCIA one. As far as more RAM, your notebook only has 2 slots, and it looks like both are already filled with 128mb in each.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
I guess you want a new graphic care, right =) Sorry to tell you that the gf card cannot be upgraded AFAIK. The best bet you can upgrade yoursystem is harddisk drive, RAM and add PC card for networking mostly. Don't worry though, the Trident gf card is not that bad. Beside, playing games on laptop isn't as enjoyable as playing on a desktop trust me =) I've a top of the line laptop which is great but I still play game on my desktop most of the time.

Upgrade RAM may be more economical tough if your HDD space is enough for you (usually 15GB is plenty if you don't have too much musics or video =) If you use WinXP, I would recommend 128MB as absolute minimum and 256MB is about right. Glad to hear you enjoy your purchasing and like the system =)

BTW, consult with toshiba support first before decide to upgrade the harddisk drive since removing HDD by yourself may void warranty. I know for sure that it will void warranty on Satellite 3005 model but not sure on your model. So call them up and just simply ask then if you can change the HDD by yourself.Adding the ram is no problem.

Mocca

Nvidia or ATI, it's all depend on what you like and system optimization :lol: