Solved

External Hard Drive

I have the newest Mac mini and I wonder if i should buy an external hard drive. It is 500HD and 2 gigs of memory. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about external hard drive
  1. Well it all depends on what type of content you need to store onto it.

    They're also great with Time Machine backups if you leave it plugged in all of the time.

    If you like you can set two partitions onto the external, one for time machine, and the other for storage (Media, Programs, etc.)
  2. AidanJC said:
    Well it all depends on what type of content you need to store onto it.

    They're also great with Time Machine backups if you leave it plugged in all of the time.

    If you like you can set two partitions onto the external, one for time machine, and the other for storage (Media, Programs, etc.)
    I have photos, 2700 songs and creative writings on the Mac mini now. Thanks
  3. I would go with perhaps a 1TB 2.5" external, partition it for 500GB per partition. Set one partition up with Time Machine and the other as general storage. They sound like documents you don't particularly want to lose. :)

    You shouldn't have to worry about Mac compatibility right out of the box because Disk Utility has tools to format and partition the drives to a Mac OS (Extended).
  4. AidanJC said:
    I would go with perhaps a 1TB 2.5" external, partition it for 500GB per partition. Set one partition up with Time Machine and the other as general storage. They sound like documents you don't particularly want to lose. :)

    You shouldn't have to worry about Mac compatibility right out of the box because Disk Utility has tools to format and partition the drives to a Mac OS (Extended).
    Thanks for your response.What about Western Digital or Seagate external hard drives about 350 HD?
  5. Best answer
    musical marv said:
    Thanks for your response.What about Western Digital or Seagate external hard drives about 350 HD?


    If you're just looking for an external drive to store files, then sure. But why not bump it upto a 500GB, it would only be a few dollars more :)
  6. Best answer selected by musical marv.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mac Mini External Hard Drive Memory Mac OS X